Job Number: 89099
Stanford Athletics boasts a strong tradition of excellence - both in individual and team competition - and has earned Pac-12, Nor Cal, and Mountain Pacific Sports Federation championships, NCAA and national championships; and Olympic victories. The program has also earned more Directors' Cups than any other Division I athletics program in the country. At Stanford, uncompromising academic and athletic standards continue to complement each other, and succeeding as a student-athlete continues to facilitate succeeding as a scholar. To learn more about Stanford Athletics, please visit gostanford.com.
Each position in the Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (DAPER) is responsible for playing its role in promoting the integrity of Stanford's intercollegiate athletics programs and for the reputation of Stanford University. The responsibilities of this position include insuring that all activities are conducted in a manner that furthers the University's reputation for integrity, and enhances positive relationships between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, each position must comply with NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.
Reporting to the Project Manager, Development for DAPER, the Development Associate will provide support to fundraising programs and activities by working with the DAPER Development team, donors, volunteers, and other university staff.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Report on fundraising progress against goals and objectives for specific programs, as assigned.
- Provide development program reporting and analysis to support fundraising strategies, as assigned. This would include working with the DAPER Development team to assess results while assisting with the strategy of the annual fund in order to successfully reach immediate and long term goals.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of donor cultivation and stewardship, alumni, and special recognition events, and volunteer boards as needed.
- Retrieve information about prospects and donors, update records, and generate complex reports using the university external relations database.
- Track budget(s) and complete expense requests and reconciliation.
- Process gifts and pledges to the gift processing unit.
- A commitment to promoting and supporting an environment of diversity and inclusion.
- Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and one year of experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Familiarity with fundraising in a higher education environment is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies and effectively develops relationships that enhance overall development goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Strong data analysis skills including organizing and analyzing data, and communicating/presenting results and recommendations in a succinct fashion to key stakeholders.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage projects simultaneously.
- Good organizational and time management skills, including the ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Why Stanford is for You:
Stanford University is one of the world's premier academic and research institutions, devoting tremendous intellectual and physical resources toward the betterment of humanity. As a major Silicon Valley employer, Stanford seeks people committed to excellence and to improving our world. In turn, the university is committed to supporting its employees as they develop their careers and enrich their lives. We believe Stanford's future success will be shaped by the diverse perspectives, unique experiences, and inclusive culture of its community.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7502
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 89099
Location: Office of Development, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency