Assistant Director, Global Experiences
Assistant Director, Global Experiences
Job Number: 89103
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The MBA & MSx Programs department at the Stanford Graduate School of Business is seeking an Assistant Director to join the Global Experiences team. Reporting to the Director, Global Experiences, the Assistant Director is responsible for supporting the student experience by advising and coaching student leadership teams, developing program content, and maintaining and streamlining business processes and operations for the Global Experiences programs (Global Explorations/Study Trips, STEP - Stanford Tsinghua Exchange Program, Global Dialogues, GMIX, and Self-Directed Options). These responsibilities are executed with an intercultural lens to create opportunities for student growth and development.
The Assistant Director should thrive on interacting with students and furthering the educational content and program operations of the Global Experiences portfolio. Responsibilities include coaching students regarding program leadership, educational content development, budgeting, and risk management. The Assistant Director will assist with student leader recruitment processes, coordinate communications, manage program logistics, update online resources, track program deliverables, organize information sessions and other events, and track inventory.
Central to this role are strong student advising and coaching experience, excellent project management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrated problem solving and systems management, and strong interpersonal skills. International program management and an understanding of global risk management are preferred.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Advising and coaching student leadership teams as they create and deliver impactful experiential programs for their peers
- Collaborating with the Global Experiences team to develop global business-focused programs and related content (delivered both online and in-person) that support intercultural learning and understanding as well as diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Leading operations and business processes to support all programs in the Global Experience portfolio
- Understanding and communicating all relevant Stanford policies to students to ensure that they adhere to them
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Demonstrated program development experience in international education (graduate level and/or a business focus is a plus).
- Knowledge of experiential learning theories, learner-centered and adult learning principles.
- Experience developing programs for online/e-learning delivery.
- An MBA or Master's degree with a global focus in a related field (e.g. business, education, international affairs or policy, learning and development, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proactivity, and attention to detail.
* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7502
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 89103
Location: Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency