Curriculum and Assessment Professional
Curriculum and Assessment ProfessionalDepartment:
Vet Med Academic AffairsAbout the University of Georgia:
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (https://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,700 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 39,000 students including over 30,000 undergraduates and over 9,000 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.About the College/Unit/Department:
The University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine, founded in 1946, is dedicated to training future veterinarians, providing services to animal owners and veterinarians, and conducting investigations to improve the health of animals as well as people. The college benefits pets and their owners, food-producing animals, and wildlife by offering the highest quality hospital and diagnostic laboratory services. Equipped with the most technologically advanced facilities located on a university campus, the college is dedicated to safeguarding public health by studying emerging infectious diseases that affect both animal and human health.
The College of Veterinary Medicine values all members of the university community, recognizing that differences in experience and culture can only lead to a more well-rounded, accepting academic environment. We have an expectation that all employees will demonstrate a contribution to diversity and inclusion as embodied in our Principles of Community (http://vet.uga.edu/principles-of-community/)College/Unit/Department website:
TRS or ORPEmployment Type:
Benefits EligibleFull/Part time:
Full TimeAdditional Schedule Information:
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Monday – Friday
Commensurate with ExperiencePosting Date:
04/07/2021Open until filled:
04/14/2021Proposed Starting Date:
05/01/2021Location of Vacancy:
Athens AreaEEO Policy Statement:
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR ([email protected]).Classification Title:
Public Service Professional ADFLSA:
Requires at least a baccalaureate degree in the field. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.Position Summary:
The Curriculum and Assessment Professional will work with the Director of Instructional and Curricular Innovation and the Curriculum and Assessment Paraprofessional to support teaching and learning in the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Program.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies:
• Excellent communication skills
• Plan and implement projects independently and in teams
• Knowledge of instructional applications including learning management systems, online testing, video storage and streaming, survey management, and web conferencing.
Lift up to 10 poundsIs driving a responsibility of this position?:
NoIs this a Position of Trust?:
YesDoes this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources?:
NoDoes this position require a P-Card? :
NoIs having a P-Card an essential function of this position? :
NoDoes this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care?:
NoDoes this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications):
YesCredit and P-Card policy:
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities:
Curriculum and Assessment Design
• Facilitate the development, continuous assessment, and revision of courses and lessons in the DVM program.
• Provide faculty with constructive alignment of course objectives, assessment, and activities.
• Design and implementation of active learning strategies, universal design for learning concepts, and other evidence based teaching models as appropriate.
Curriculum and Assessment Implementation Support
• Train faculty on appropriate use of strategies and tools to enhance instruction,
• Train faculty on best practices and pedagogy related to College-wide instructional applications (eLC, Echo360, Examsoft, EValue, Kaltura, etc).
• Provide technical support and training for faculty and students regarding College wide instructional applications (eLC, Echo360, Examsoft, EValue, Kaltura, etc)
Outcomes Assessment Support
• Gather and analyze data for continual program assessment to guide program development
• Supervise Curriculum and Assessment Paraprofessional.
• Represent Office for Academic Affairs on the Curriculum Committee
• Liaison with the Georgia Veterinary Medical Association, the CVM Development Office and the CVM Office of Public Relations.
Develop & Coordinate Schedules
•Develop and coordinate class and lab schedules for students and faculty. Make adjustments as needed throughout the year and communicate changes to students and faculty.