Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing (3 positions to be filled)
Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing (3 positions to be filled)Requisition:
Assistant or Associate ProfessorFLSA status:
Salary commensurate with education and experience.Position Type:
Full-Time Tenure TrackCollege:
College of Health SciencesDepartment:
Dr. Emily RoperTitle:
Department Chair & Professor, Kinesiology
Assistant Dean for Diversity & Inclusion
College of Health Sciences
The duties and responsibilities of this position include teaching across the curriculum; research and scholarship; mentoring students; performing professional and community service and outreach; and contributing to ongoing program evaluation and improvement.Educational Requirements for the Position:
Earned doctorate in nursing from an accredited institution, or earned doctorate in a related field (eg. Epidemiology, Public Health, Psychology) with a MSN in Nursing from accredited institution(s).
Must hold an active, or be eligible for, an unencumbered Texas RN license.Experience Required for the Position:
• Evidence of and/or ability to teach in four-year University/College institutions.
• Evidence of and/or ability to conduct research leading to refereed scholarship.
• Demonstrated involvement in professional service.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and collegiality.
• Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations.
• Teaching experience in four-year University/College institutions with 3 or more years’ experience teaching in the graduate or clinical area preferred.
• Use of technology in instruction and experience with distance/online education, scholarship, and/or practice, preferred.
• Experience with accreditation and curriculum development preferred.
• Advance Practice licensure and certification as a family nurse practitioner with at least 2 years practice experience preferred.
• For rank of Associate Professor demonstrated record of high-quality teaching; evidence of refereed scholarship (publications and presentations required and funded external grants preferred).
Sam Houston State University School of Nursing is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty and student populations while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and invite applications for 9 months, full-time, tenure-track faculty at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. Rank will be determined on qualifications.
The School of Nursing offers a baccalaureate degree in nursing with approximately 400 students and 25 full-time faculty and is seeking Texas Board of Nursing approval for a Master of Science program with a family nurse practitioner (FNP) concentration. The University is a member of the Texas State System. The School of Nursing is located at The Woodlands Center campus in The Woodlands, Texas. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain a campus presence as part of the School of Nursing faculty.
*Review of applications will begin May 5th, 2021. Search open until filled.Open Until Filled:
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity or expression. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Employees with a contract will have additional terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code § 51.215.