Galleries - Coordinator, Administrative Services
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-06
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The College of Arts & Letters at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Galleries Coordinator, Administrative Services, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Reports to and assists the Director of University Galleries.
- Leads staff members in all Galleries operations and programs to facilitate exhibitions, arts education programs and other programs.
- Responsibly manages administrative and fiscal operations including: Financial Operations - personnel hiring, purchasing, and contracting services via the University’s Workday system; General Operations including managing a busy office, three exhibition facilities, the Fogelman Sports Museum, and additional storage facilities.
- Program planning, development and administration for exhibitions and programs.
- Supports the function of the University Arts Committee and University Arts Collection.
- Communicates to guarantee effective responses and actions from a wide variety of collaborators, contractors and businesses.
- Fosters the Galleries mission(s) in the context of other arts organizations in the community and other centers and academic departments in the College and greater University.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience working in an arts organization or non-profit preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:$38,000 - $40,000College or Department:College of Arts & LettersLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Evenings and weekends as needed.Application Deadline: 2021-04-20-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.