Instructor- Social Worker
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Neurology
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Job Code: 1105
FTE: .50 (20 hours a week)
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Neurology has an opening for a .50 FTE (20 hours a week) Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) to work in the outpatient Movement Disorders Clinic. This position will work as part of an interdisciplinary outpatient team. We are seeking an individual who is collaborative, communicative, caring, detail-oriented and organized, proactive, able to think critically, focused on quality, dedicated to personal growth, and highly motivated in all areas of study coordination.The position is located at the Anschutz Medical Campus. Hours are usually 8:00 to 5:00 weekdays, but occasionally longer hours are required, depending on participant volume and schedules. We are the premier research university in Colorado, serving more than 30,000 undergraduate, graduate and health professions students in Denver, Aurora and online and awarding nearly 4,000 degrees each year. The renowned researchers and award-winning faculty offer more than 100-degree programs through 13 colleges and schools. In 2008, the University was awarded more than $371 million in research grants and contracts. The Anschutz Medical Campus includes over 5 million square feet of research, educational and clinical space on 227 acres. Examples of Work PerformedResponsibilities in include but are not limited to the following:
- Assessing and counseling both patients and families on physical and emotional health.
- Arrangement of services and transitions of care (e.g., assisted living, skilled nursing facility, hospice, respite care, adult day-care programs, psychosocial and financial support).
- Monitoring, evaluating, and recording patient’s progress according to measurable goals described in their treatment/care plan is paramount.
- Following up with patients by phone or in-person and making backup plans if unable to directly follow up with patients. Working, communicating, and collaborating with various colleagues (e.g., providers, residents, fellows, department administrative staff, other clinicians, medical staff, finance and billing professionals, and UCH employees. The position is responsible for providing excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders by presenting a positive image of the department and universityResponsible for coordinating and managing patient outreach and communicationsManaging accurate and timely documentation of all clinical activities and patient correspondence (e.g., patient statuses and visits, billing notes, progress reports) using various electronic information systems.Attending and participating in subspecialty team meetings and neurology clinical research coordinator meetings. Collaborating with team members for backup needs, sharing learning experiences, and applying learning opportunities
- A Master of Social Work degree is required.
- An active Licensed Clinical Social Worker license (LCSW).
- Experience conducting group therapy, both psychodynamic and psychoeducational
- Experience working with family groups
- Care coordination with community providers
- Individual therapy experience
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work independently and within diverse team structures.
- Respect patient rights and put patient safety first, excellent patient rapport
- A positive, motivated, engaged, and caring attitude
- Empathetic to patients with chronic illnesses
- Great attention to detail and quality
- Ability to work with colleagues and patients in a confidential and professional manner
- Ability to follow direction of the PI and direct supervisor, follow all department SOPs and department policies
- Good documentation practices
- Dedication to professional development and life-long learning
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible, and to think on your feet
- Experience with web-based tracking systems and Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access)
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Apr 7, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing