DescriptionCollege of Nursing Job Title Executive AssistantPosition #00002513 – Requisition #20817
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The College of Nursing has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Executive Assistant position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Position Emphasis
:The CU College of Nursing is seeking a full-time (1.00 FTE) University Staff (non-classified) Executive Assistant position to support the Dean. This position will provide administrative and technical support to the Dean of the College of Nursing, as well as coordinating the day-to-day operations of the Office of the Dean handling a broad range of inquiries and assignments. The ideal candidate will possess project management skills, effective analytical and problem-solving skills, work well under pressure, and have the ability to handle complex and concurrent tasks. The position exercises initiative to achieve goals and objectives, maintains confidentiality and establishes and maintains positive working relationships. This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority in collaboration with human resources.Examples of Work Performed
:The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Salary and Benefits:
- Serve as the initial contact for the CU Nursing Dean’s Office, using diplomacy to appropriately answer or refer inquiries. This position will support all internal and external, verbal and written, communications from the Dean’s Office. This may include greeting guests, answering phones, maintenance of newsletters generated, general announcements, written correspondences, copying/printing, and filing.
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor with tact and diplomacy in handling of a variety of sensitive and confidential issues.
- Actively support the College of Nursing’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Provide executive administrative support to the Dean and as assigned, to members of the Dean’s Leadership Team.
- Coordinate and manage the Dean’s calendar, determining appropriateness of meeting requests, length and locations of meetings, and suggested meeting invitees, maintain meeting packets for the Dean on a daily basis, handle all meeting logistics, including room reservations, etc.
- As directed, respond to emails and written correspondence to and from the Dean. Exercise discretion in responding to emails, delegating emails to the appropriate staff for follow-up, or flagging for the Dean’s attention, as needed.
- Provides procurement and travel support to the Dean following fiscal policies and procedures, including travel authorization forms, travel reimbursements, other procurement needs, etc. as well as support in researching fiscal transactions. Manages monthly reconciliation of purchases and charges within the Office of the Dean. Make travel arrangements for the Dean following established policies and procedures.
- Support the Office of the Dean by determining the priorities of constituent issues and problems, handling things directly when appropriate, referring to other teams as needed; ensure follow up on phone calls and mail as appropriate.
- Help maximize the effectiveness of the Dean’s Office by managing and tracking progress on projects and initiatives for the Dean’s Office.
- Coordinate all phases of special events on behalf of the Dean’s Office including all phases of projects, reports, other related activities as assigned, such as faculty events; distinguished visitors; college or campus retreats; accreditation visits, etc. For events and meetings, coordinates catering, location reservations, room setup and logistics and any necessary paperwork, especially Official Function forms, well in advance.
- Process and route letters and documents for Dean’s signature in a timely manner.
- Attend reoccurring and ad hoc meetings as assigned/needed, coordinating agendas, taking meeting minutes, ensuring following on items related to the Office of the Dean, etc..
- Serve as the liaison as assigned for other administrative issues on campus, other CU campuses, executive offices and external organization, such as accreditors, major nursing organizations, hospitals and other clinical partners. Uses interpersonal communication skills to engage key stakeholders and participants effectively.
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $48,786 to $62,056. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The position requires at least 3 years of progressively responsible administrative experience including experience with executive officer, operations, or similar positions.
- A bachelor’s degree in higher education administration, business, social science, science, or related field from an accredited institution.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
At least 3 years’ experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Outlook.Preferred Qualifications:
- 6 years of experience working in higher education with progressive responsibility including executive officer, operations, or similar positions.
- Experience working in a complex university/higher education environment.
- Demonstrated successful program and project management experience.
- Familiarity and experience with Concur, or similar procurement and travel software.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to help support diversity, equity, and inclusion.Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in a variety of situations and maintain confidentiality.Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Flexible and collaborative with excellent customer service skillsAbility to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Outstanding customer service skills.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Resourcefulness in problem solving, and ability to manage coordination of high level participants and stakeholders in meetings and College of Nursing projects.
Professional Support ServicesPrimary Location:
Apr 7, 2021Unposting Date:
Apr 21, 2021, 10:59:00 PM
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University