Director, Center for Global Health
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO -ANSCHUTZ MEDICAL CAMPUS
Colorado School of Public Health
Director, Center for Global Health
Applications for this position will be accepted only from faculty with current appointments at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus or University of Colorado Denver.The University of Colorado l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Nature of WorkThe Director will have a senior leadership role with primary responsibility for providing leadership, guidance, and technical assistance to the Center for Global Health. This is an additional administrative appointment, at 20% FTE, to a 12-month faculty position at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor.The School is committed to diversity and inclusion in its faculty, staff, administration, and student body and its mission includes working toward health equity and the elimination of health disparities for all communities. The Colorado School of Public Health (ColoradoSPH) is a collaborative endeavor involving the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (CU Anschutz), Colorado State University (CSU), and the University of Northern Colorado (UNC). The Colorado School of Public Health is the first and only accredited school of public health in the Rocky Mountain Region, attracting top tier faculty and students from across the country, and providing vital contributions towards ensuring our region’s health and wellbeing. Collaboratively formed in 2008 by CU Denver, CSU and UNC, the Colorado School of Public Health provides training, innovative research and community service to actively address public health issues including chronic disease, access to healthcare, environmental threats, emerging infectious diseases, and costly injuries. The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado, the largest academic health center in the Rocky Mountain region and one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. Currently home to 25,000 employees, more than 5,000 degree-seeking students and two nationally recognized hospitals that handle 1.7 million patient visits each year, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future, carries out a broad range of research, and cares for the state’s children, adults, and veterans. CU Anschutz features schools of medicine, pharmacy, dental medicine and public health, a college of nursing and a graduate school.Supervision ReceivedThe position of Director of the Center for Global Health reports to the Dean of the ColoradoSPH.Supervision ExercisedEmployees of the CGH report to this position. Depending on the scope of activities, the Center Director will supervise staff engaged in various activities related to global health. Faculty members are affiliated with the Center per the by-laws and have primary appointments with the schools of CU Anschutz. Examples of Work Performed
- Develop and administer bilateral partnerships with international institutions and universities.
- Oversee and actively manage the activities and business of the CGH, including its research activities.
- Promote and facilitate fundraising for the CGH.
- Supervise the agents and employees of the CGH.
- Supervise the budget and have responsibility, in conjunction with the CFO of the Colorado School of Public Health, for the fiscal affairs of the CGH.
- Serve as chair of the CGH Executive Committee.
- Serve as a member of the School’s senior leadership team through participation in the Executive Council.
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of activities to meet objectives of the Center related to global health education, research and practice and evaluate the impact of those activities.
- Plan and facilitate new initiatives and activities that promote global health research and practice.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the partner institutions of the ColoradoSPH.
- Work with all three of the partner institutions (CU Anschutz, CSU, UNC) to strengthen teaching, research, and service related to global health.
- Serve as a resource for students, student organizations, faculty and staff about global health.
- Perform other duties incident to the office of the Director as requested by the Dean.
- The ability to work with a diverse community, faculty, staff, and student body.
- Knowledge of the diverse fields of global public health education, research and practice.
- Demonstrated success in collaborative work in global health education, research or practice.
- A record of engagement and networking with key global health entities, such as the World Health Organization.
Required QualificationsThe candidate must be a current regular faculty member of the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus or University of Colorado Denver at the academic rank of Associate Professor or Professor who has:
- A terminal degree in a field relevant to academic public health or a professional degree with a master’s degree in a field relevant to academic public health.
- Demonstrated scholarly and practice activity in global health.
- At least 5 years of experience in global health activities.
- Evidence of skills and experience in administration and the management of people.
- Successful experience in obtaining grants and contracts in global health projects.
- Demonstrated success or potential for strong leadership of collaborative global health endeavors.
- Demonstrated excellence in developing and implementing collaborative programs in global health research or practice.
- Academic or community leadership experience in global health.
- A record of obtaining funding for global health activities.
- Established global health networks and partnerships.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Apr 6, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing