University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002. Nature of Work:This class describes the second-level technician. The assignment is clearly defined so the position follows established work procedures. Positions operate within standard guidelines and alternatives which are known and any deviation from such requires prior approval. Some assignments will not move beyond this level.Position Emphasis:The HR Technician supports the HR Shared Services (HRSS) team by completing a variety of HR technical duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to, accurately performing data entry functions in the Human Capital Management (HCM) system; updating tracking and filing systems; preparing letters of offer; and assisting new employees with completing their new hire paperwork.This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed; it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $36,036 - $39,744. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversity and Equity:Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspxThe University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Two years of experience providing human resources support or assistance.
- Substitution: Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- An Associate’s degree in human resources management or closely related field.
- Two years of experience as a HR Technician in a higher education institution.
- Experience utilizing PeopleSoft HCM.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Outstanding customer service skills.Attention to detail.Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Develops fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges.
- Ensures that work is complete and accurate; independently follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Apr 12, 2021
Unposting Date: May 1, 2021, 12:59:00 AM