Assistant ControllerPosting Number:
AdministrationKey Responsibilities :
The Assistant Controller is directly reports to the Controller & Chief Financial Officer for assisting in the effective control over all financial assets, liabilities, income and disbursements of the College, and supervision of an appropriate accounting system to maintain proper controls.
• Responsible for assisting in the business and financial management of the College and the administration of the accounting system and financial recordkeeping system.
• Formulates, recommends and implements financial control policies. Provides liaison with the College’s independent auditors.
• Assures that all recording and reporting requirements are met for management and regulatory agencies as required by law and general fund accounting practices; and assures that accounting operations are effectively and efficiently performed.
• Monitor the College’s cash flow to ensure the availability of funds necessary for daily operations and compile cash flow projections for review by the Controller & Chief Financial Officer and Senior Leadership Team.
• Assists Controller & Chief Financial Officer in the preparation of monthly journal entries.
• Assists Controller & Chief Financial Officer with yearly financial audit.
• Assists Controller & Chief Financial Officer in ensuring that University expenses and general ledger entries are recorded correctly and in conjunction with the approved budget.
• Assists Controller & Chief Financial Officer with annual reporting of office activities and all other financial and management reports as required.
Juniata College believes in and embraces the liberal arts and as such, we encourage and seek mutual benefit through diversity of thought and approach which enriches our academic community, as well as the lives of our students and colleagues. Juniata College is committed to creating a welcoming community supported by relationships based on collaboration and mutual respect. We endeavor to create an inclusive learning environment where members with different perspectives and backgrounds can learn, contribute, and thrive. Please join us…Position Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required. An advanced degree and/or professional certification (CPA/CMA) preferred. Five years of experience in accounting practices, supervisory experience preferred. A thorough knowledge of non-profit fund accounting and auditing systems is required. Proficient in Excel and extracting data from a main computerized accounting system is required.Supervision Required/Given:
This position reports to the Controller & Chief Financial Officer.Open Date:
01/29/2021Open Until Filled: