Adjunct Faculty, Behavioral and Social Science
- St. Edward's University
- Austin, TX
- Faculty Jobs
- Professional Fields, Social Work, Social Sciences, Criminal Justice, Psychology & Behavioral Science
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Adjunct Faculty, Behavioral and Social Science
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the positions of Adjunct Faculty, Behavioral and Social Science. The School of Behavioural and Social Sciences seeks applications for adjunct instructors for the 2021-2022 academic year. Specific assignments vary according to department needs each semester.
- History, particularly Latin America
- Criminal Justice
- Environmental Science & Policy
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare and teach in one of the fields listed above according to the learning objectives set forth by the department. Modality is primarily face-to-face with some flexible options.
- Evaluate student progress and provide clear, timely feedback.
- Provide culturally responsive teaching and mentoring services to a diverse body.
- Utilize the university's learning management system (Canvas). Training is available.
- Maintain professional standards and comply with all policies and procedures of the department, school, and university.
For consideration, a Master's degree in a field appropriate to course content. Some instructional experience. Doctoral degree in a field appropriate to course content preferred. Experience with teaching in higher education preferred. Must possess the ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. No Calls Please.
For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Available: 05/15/21St Edwards Universityhttps://stedwards.applicantpro.com
St. Edward’s University: One of America’s Best Colleges
St. Edward’s is a dynamic, nationally ranked, Catholic university where teaching, learning, leadership and service come together to contribute to a better world. For more than a decade, we’ve been named one of “America’s Best Colleges” by U.S. News & World Report. Located in the thriving city of Austin, Texas, with partner universities in 16 countries, our impact extends across the globe.
An Education for Today and a Lifetime
St. Edward’s offers an extraordinary educational environment that challenges, inspires and empowers students to make a difference in their world. Our academic community is dedicated to providing undergraduate, graduate and adult-learner degree programs that meet the demands of our times, preparing students to lead and succeed in a rapidly changing world.
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, our liberal arts education emphasizes critical thinking, ethical reasoning and multicultural understanding. Students enjoy the advantages of small classes and personal attention coupled with innovative facilities and advanced technology. And they benefit from valuable real-world experience through research, internships, service and study abroad. Through the abundant learning opportunities a St. Edward’s education provides, our students gain the knowledge and skills they need to pursue fulfilling careers and purposeful lives.
Quick Facts About St. Edward’s
- 13:1 Student-faculty Ratio
- 18 Average class size
- 50+ Undergraduate areas of study
- 7 Graduate degree programs
- 10 Adult undergraduate programs
- 4,620 Students enrolled
- 4,023 Undergraduate students
- 54 Countries represented
Our Achievements Draw National Recognition
A commitment to students, faculty and a stellar academic environment that’s second to none has placed St. Edward’s in the national spotlight.
- Since 2003, St. Edward’s has consistently been recognized in the top 25 of U.S. News & World Report’s annual ranking of “America’s Best Colleges.” Currently, we’re 13th among universities in the Western Region.
Forbes, Princeton Review and Washington Monthly include St. Edward’s on their lists of the best universities in the country.
We’ve recently been ranked one of the top 10 “Best Colleges in Texas” by two highly respected college assessment groups: College Factual (2015) and Niche (2016).
- St. Edward’s has been named the nation’s top producer of U.S. Fulbright Students among master’s-granting institutions in 2015–2016. For the last six years, St. Edward’s has been recognized as a top producer of Fulbright Students, with a record 13 finalists and 10 winners in 2015. Since 2004, our students have won 37 Fulbright grants.
Strategic Planning Guides Our Success
From 1999 to 2015, St. Edward’s increased overall enrollment by 25%. And our donors contributed more than $152 million during that time. This record generosity helped grow our endowment to more than $95 million and provided important funding for new buildings and capital improvements. See how we’re continuing the momentum of that success in the years ahead. Read about our strategic priorities for 2018.
Learn more about St. Edward’s.
We welcome your application. Apply now!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert