UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.
Full Time/Part Time:
Salary Commensurate with Experience
The Office of Admissions at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Admissions Officer to assist in recruiting and admissions functions. This position will operate at the University of North Texas at Frisco campus alongside the Assistant Director, Admissions Recruitment & Outreach and the Sr. Director, Outreach. This position is responsible for participation in all aspects of the outreach of high school and college students. This position will provide expertise to implement, develop, and evaluate new student enrollment initiatives for assigned student groups, developing recruitment strategies, assisting the department with strategic implementation of recruitment activities by identifying strong recruitment approaches and developing and executing new outreach programs.
Plan and participate in the recruitment of prospective students for the University of North Texas through school visits, college fairs, and programs.
Bachelor’s Degree and one year of experience in recruiting, academic advising, counseling, student services, customer service or related experience or can substitute education for experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong presentation skills and problem solving skills.
- Developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to obtain credit card for travel.
- Good driving record and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Professional in appearance, motivated, self-directed and have the ability and willingness to communicate enthusiastically with diverse populations in a positive, courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to obtain credit card, to travel, and present group presentations.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Professional in appearance, motivated, self-directed, and have the ability and willingness to communicate enthusiastically with diverse populations in a positive, courteous and professional manner.
- Candidate will need to have the ability to provide their own computer and internet connection for the possibility of remote work.
Monday-Friday 8am – 5pm;
Driving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Provide high-level customer service to prospective students and families in office via phone, email, in-person meetings.
Timely completion of administrative forms and documentation.
Schedule regular visits with students and counselors in assigned territories and focus on maintaining strong relationships with key school contacts.
Develop proactive territory management plan to convert students through the stages of the admissions funnel from suspect/prospect student stage to enrollment.
Plan and participate in admissions recruitment events on campus and at schools in assigned territory.
Demonstrate high level of professionalism with admissions staff, prospective students, and cross campus partners
Keep up to date on admissions policies and processes.
Consistent use of technology to facilitate communications and data driven decision making.
Responsible and professional use of office and university resources.
Willingness to volunteer to cover events or help when additional assistance is needed to complete required admissions tasks.
Quicklink for Posting: