ERP Business Analyst I
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
ERP Business Analyst IDepartment:
SYS-IT Shared Services-925000Job Location:
DentonFull Time/Part Time:
Information Technology Shared Services (ITSS) is a component of The University of North Texas System. The mission of ITSS is simple: to be the best at delivering customer-aligned IT solutions and services. Our services are provided to all member institutions using an IT shared services governance model.
IT Shared Services provides the primary technology used by all campuses to support their operations. These include: shared resources of data centers, computing hardware, software applications, network and voice communications, collaboration and productivity capabilities, central web services, risk management, and security and compliance services. As a department, we strive to provide the most professional personnel possible to serve our campus constituents.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.Position Overview:
The IT Shared Services Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire an ERP Business Analyst I to join their team. This position works closely with departmental customers to conduct ERP enterprise application business analysis,
identify business objectives and requirements, and prepare test plans. Collects information to assist in the development of technology plans and strategies. Assists in planning and implementing ERP systems related
projects. Maximizes customer satisfaction by supporting ongoing information services to designated clients.
Bachelor’s degree with coursework in computing or information systems and two years of related computer programming experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this role. Has general knowledge of Information Technology concepts, systems, platforms, tools and technologies.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
•Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
•Planning and Organizing
•User and Customer Support
- Experience working with PeopleSoft or other ERP applications.
- Experience working with Finance and/or HR business functions.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Fluid Pages development.
- Familiarity with SQL
- Understanding and knowledge of basic
Generally 8 am – 5 pmDriving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
ERP Business Analyst IPhysical Requirements:
- Elicit requirements to identify a future state that addresses a business problem;
assists for larger projects and performs for smaller projects.
- Analyze requirements to an optimal set that will provide the biggest impact in advancing
- Participate in creating compelling business cases with the ability to communicate and measure proposed project benefits.
- Provide input to effort estimates and partner with teams to quantify resource requirements.
- Create solutions that adhere to architectural objectives.
- Design usable solutions for end-user adoption and productivity improvement.
- Create and execute test plans that map to requirements.
- Confer with analysts, engineers, programmers
and others to design system solutions.
- Coordinate software system installation
in conjunction with other business analysts and application teams, and monitor
system functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Liaisons between business users and technical teams to communicate requirements, test plans and appropriate project information.
- Supports business users for application
systems, addresses functional system issues and questions.
- Use given information on factors such as standards, reporting formats required, costs,
performance needs and security needs to determine system non-functional
S1791PQuicklink for Posting: