Full-Time Bookkeeper I
Department:: CARES Act Institutional Funds-2
Locations:: Haverhill, MA
Posted:: Apr 7, 2021
Closes:: Apr 21, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Type:: Full-time Temporary
Position ID:: 129803
POSITION: Full-Time Bookkeeper I: Division of Student Affairs, Department of Student Accounts; 37.5 hours per week benefitted AFSCME Unit I Position. This is a temporary, Grant Funded (CARES) Position through December 31, 2021.
Summary: Student Accounts is open Monday to Friday from 9 am - 5 pm. This position will work from 9am-3pm. The staff member is required to work one possibly two late nights a week which is subject to change based on the needs of the office.
The potential candidate will be working on the Haverhill Campus for the Student Accounts Office in the One Stop and will work for the other members of the One Stop and Student Accounts in Haverhill.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This position will report directly to the Student Accounts Manager and will be required to perform the following:
- Provide outstanding customer service to students, families, staff and faculty in person, on the phone and by email.
- Perform data entry, filing, and processing for Student Accounts including scanning and indexing all forms.
- Help students navigate the online payment process, and understand the items on their student account.
- Review and follow up with students as needed and help perform the daily functions of Student Financial Services. Performs various administrative tasks associated with assigned projects for Student Financial Services.
- Assist with refund check reconciliation.
- Assist with the collections process.
- Assist with Student Account Communication plan.
- Provide back up to Student Accounts staff.
- The Classification Specification is available at: https://www.mass.edu/shared/classificationspecs/specspers/Bookkeeper Series.doc
Applicants must have (A) at least three (3) years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, clerical experience in the operation of electronic data processing data entry equipment or statistical machines such as key punch, key to disk, key to tape and verifiers, and (B) which at least one year must have been in supervisory or administrative capacity, or (C) any equivalent combination required experience and the substitutions below.
- A certificate or diploma as evidence of completion of a course of study in business or electronic data processing or computer programming may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required (A) experience.
- An Associate's degree in business or electronic data processing or computer programming may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the required (A) experience.
*Note: No substitutions will be permitted for the required (B) experience.
*Education toward such a certificate, diploma or degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff and the community.
- Have a commitment to customer service.
- Able to work in fast pace team environment and have the ability to handle several assignments simultaneously.
- Must be able to respond effectively to questions and prepare materials in response to inquiries.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong preference for bi-lingual (Spanish/English) candidate in order to best serve the needs of the College's Hispanic/Latino population on the Lawrence Campus.
- Student Account knowledge is not a requirement but preferred; all training will be provided.
- Experience working in community college and/or One-Stop Enrollment Services setting preferred.
GRADE AND SALARY: $1,332.39 - $1,752.94 biweekly ($34,642.14 - $45,576.44 annually) Pay grade 9 An appointment from outside the bargaining unit (AFSCME) must start at Step I of the range. Complete fringe benefit package including competitive health insurance, free dental insurance, basic life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick, vacation and personal leave, educational benefits for employee/spouse/dependents, and excellent retirement benefits.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: May 1, 2021
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position you must submit a cover letter & resume online.
DEADLINE: April 21, 2021
Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, military service and national origin and any other protected class in its education programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act and related statutes and regulations, Affirmative Action, non-discrimination policies, and Title IX compliance/sexual harassment: Assistant Director of Human Resources, Elizabete Trelegan B-219,
978-556-3928/ [email protected] Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/clery