Research Administration Manager
Job descriptionJob no: 698863
Work type: Support Staff
Pay Grade: 14
Major Administrative Unit / College: Research And Innovation
Department: Office Of Research And Innovation 10059722
Sub Area: AP- Professionals
Salary: 57284.00 - 90000.00 Salary Commensurate
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Administrative Professionals- AP, Administrative/Business/Professional, Union
Manages and provides leadership for Pre Award administration services for Office of Research and Innovation (OR&I). Provides oversight and facilitates provision of research grant and budget development assistance to faculty for domestic and international funding opportunities. Includes review and interpretation of application, facilitating communication and organization of grant process, review for accuracy and compliance with regulations and grant requirements, drafting institutional support letters, and facilitating assignment of or providing grant editing services. Provides outreach to staff in units to ensure the highest level of support to the faculty in developing or fine-tuning their grant proposals. Provides oversight for process and manages team assignment for requests for assistance and tracking of requests and completion. Coordinates the development and implementation of policies and procedures, website updates, and templates for Pre Award services. Liaison with OSP to make sure policies and procedures are implemented and integrated into OR&I grant editing and facilitation processes. Assists with coordination of and participates in training presentations with university research community.Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge normally acquired with a four-year college degree program (Master’s desired) in Finance, Business Administration or a research-related field with 5 to 8 years of related and progressively more expansive work experience in a research related field or business setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual must have experience with word processing, spreadsheet and database software. Requires completion of Essentials of Research Administration (MSU certificate) or equivalent education/certification. May require the National Certification as a Certified Research Administrator, Certified Pre-Award Research Administrator, or Certified Financial Research Administrator, depending on position requirements within one year of hire. Desired certifications from National Council of University Administration or the Society of Research Administration include Departmental Research Administration, Pre-award Research Administration, Post-award Research Administration, Research Integrity, Compliance, Financial Management, Research Law or Research Development.
- Business Acumen – the ability to understand and to apply information to contribute to the organization’s strategic plan.
- Business Planning/ Business Process Improvement.
- Communication – the ability to effectively exchange with stakeholders (internal and external).
- Service Focus – the ability to identify, attract and retain customers by offering high quality products and services, tailored to customers’ needs and expectations.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – the ability to work effectively with others.
- Job Mastery & Continuous Learning – the ability to seek continuous improvement.
- Analysis – Organizational Impact – Ability to understand and analyze the cost, technical, knowledge and/or technological implications of a change at an individual, department, affiliate, or regional level. (sub-category – business/organization skills).
- Diversity and Inclusion – the ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties.
- Ethical Practice – the ability to support and uphold the values of the organization while mitigating risk.
- Critical Evaluation – the ability to interpret information to make business decisions and recommendations.
- Supervisor/Management-builds workforce, ensure tasks are completed, build and maintain relationships.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.Required Application Materials
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and three professional references.Work Hours
STANDARD 8-5Bidding eligibility ends on 4/13/2021, at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Apr 7, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 20, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time