Office Coordinator I
Job descriptionJob no: 698223
Work type: Support Staff
Pay Grade: 10
Major Administrative Unit / College: General University Items
Department: Msu Student Health Center 10090392
Sub Area: CT- Clerical Tech.
Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Clerical Technical- CT, Administrative/Business/Professional, Health Care Support, Union
Office Coordinator will provide daily administrative support for a complex, multi-department Student Health Center. Typical duties include:
* Ordering non clinical supplies. Processing bills related to supply orders along with recurring monthly bills such as wireless carriers, water, accreditation payments.
* Data collection, tracking, follow up, and reporting to administrators and staff as assigned. Data collection includes attendance, patients complaints, policy and procedure status and document edits, meeting minutes and quality of medical care and peer review committee notes.
* Schedule coordination including arranging interviews, meetings, blocking provider time for required trainings, scheduling onboarding tasks and overseeing IT requests for setup for new and existing staff
* Clinical Scheduling including creating master scheduling templates within EHR and patient scheduling for appointments such as primary care, tele-health
* Tracking and coordination of medical related continuing education, clinical licensing, recredentialing for medical privileges with MSU HealthCare. Tracking of yearly required trainings to maintain competency of staff for site accreditation; tracking of new hire onboarding requirements, collecting clinical requirements. Compiling reports of training status and providing timely updates to supervisors.
* Processing travel reimbursements for providers attending conferences and continuing education. Processing reimbursement for use of departmental funded continuing education courses, clinical licensing and board certification.
* Answering incoming calls. Transferring messages, questions to appropriate resources.Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired in the first two or three years in college, technical school or related field; six months to one year of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in customer service or in performing tasks related to the area of employment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Desired Qualifications
Experience working in medical office.
Experience working with patient scheduling software, electronic health records.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.Required Application Materials
STANDARD 8-5Bidding and Eligibility Ends on 4/13/2021 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Apr 7, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 13, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time