Health Care Representative
Job descriptionJob no: 697402
Work type: Support Staff
Pay Grade: 07
Major Administrative Unit / College: Msu Hci Clinical Services
Department: Msu Hci Therapy Services 40001148
Sub Area: CT- Clerical Tech.
Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Clerical Technical- CT, Health Care Professional, Health Care Support, Union
- Registers new patients and updates existing patient demographics by collecting detailed patient information including personal and financial information.
- Performs patient insurance eligibility at initial visit and ongoing as determined by HealthTeam policy. Corrects and updates existing information for established patients
- Facilitates patient flow by notifying the provider of patients' arrival, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and clinical staff.
- Prepares patient materials and educates the patient or patient representative about materials.
- Documents in the patient electronic medical record and explains policies and procedures to patients/patient representative
- Completes patient registration to collect and enters health insurance information.
- Explain financial requirements to patients and/or patient representatives.
- Collects office visit payments from patients or patient representatives records and maintains patient financial transactions.
- Collects and participates in patient quality initiatives related to patient encounters, reimbursement, accuracy in first-time entry.
- Schedules and tracks patient appointments.
- Answers clinic phone calls; answer any questions that do not violate federal or state compliance and field all questions to appropriate areas of expertise.
- Receives and disseminates clinical office mail.
- Performs clinical office filing for record keeping purposes.
Knowledge normally acquired through a high school education; a minimum of one year of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in a medical office, medical clinic, or in mental health office; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Desired Qualifications
Experience with Athena EMR, PT/OT clinicEqual Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.Required Application Materials
Work hours are typically 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., but can vary as necessary to accommodate clinic operationsSummary of Health Risks
Exposure to human blood, serum, tissue and other body fluids; and materials covered under Universal Precautions; TB risk or work within three (3) feet of patients in a health care setting; wear a respirator. Covid precautions.Bidding eligibility ends on 4/13/2021, at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Apr 7, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 13, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time