Communications Manager I
Job descriptionJob no: 697783
Work type: Support Staff
Pay Grade: 12
Major Administrative Unit / College: Msu Hci Clinical Services
Department: Msu Hci Clinical Services 40001137
Sub Area: AP- Professionals
Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Administrative Professionals- AP, Health Care Professional, Health Care Support, PR/Media/Graphics/Comm/Fund Raising, Union
Position SummaryServes as a communication specialist within MSU Health Care to coordinate, write and distribute marketing andcommunication materials which enhance the health brand of the university's faculty group practice. Assists with developing and implementing comprehensive and targeted marketing, social media and PR campaignsto elevate MSU Health Care's position to be the organization of choice for patients, families, students, athletes, staffand faculty. Leads major components of initiatives and projects, including but not limited to developing/writing/editing storiesand content for distribution through various channels, newsletters and facilitating integration within the largerHealth Affairs team (e.g. student health services, athletics, colleges, etc.)Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
- Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in journalism, marketing, advertising or public relations.
- One to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in public and media relations and/or marketing, advertising, and creative services, including experience managing content for social media channels; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong social media content, marketing knowledge, writing, research and editing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of social media industry and trends, proven knowledge of content and editorial calendar creation and deployment.
- Proficiency with desktop publishing programs: Adobe Creative Suite, in particular Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge and use with email marketing programs such as Constant Contact or iContact.
- Operational knowledge of social media monitoring programs such as Hoostuite or Sprinklr.
- Three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in marketing and communication for Health Care ‑‑ particularly a multi-specialty group practice or an academic medical center.
- The ability to translate a variety of complex topics into consumer-friendly stories and social content.
- Experience with visual storytelling through use of photo, video, animations, graphics, charts, etc. in a variety of formats: social, email, presentation.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and accountability; has the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Experience in marketing automation.
- Has a proven “team player” mentality.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, daily-deadline environment.
- Experience in medical marketing, writing and/or social media.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.Required Application Materials
Work hours are typically 8:00am - 5:00pm, but can vary as necessary to accommodate operationsSummary of Health Risks
Possible exposure to human blood, serum, tissue and other body fluids; and materials covered under Universal Precautions; TB risk or work within three (3) feet of patients in a health care setting; wear a respirator. Covid precautions.Bidding eligibility ends on 4/13/2021, at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Apr 7, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Apr 13, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time