Assistant Director of Alumni Relations
Barton College is recruiting for a full-time Assistant Director of Alumni Relations reporting to the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement. The successful candidate will oversee the management of all alumni communication strategies and support the external communication efforts of the Institutional Advancement team to enhance alumni engagement and to grow philanthropic support for Barton College.
Barton College is located in Wilson, in Eastern North Carolina, and is less than an hour drive to Raleigh and two hours to the beautiful North Carolina beaches. The College is an independent, private college that has experienced steady growth over the past three years. Total enrollment is approximately 1,100 students and growing.Key Responsibilities
- Management of a comprehensive alumni and advancement communications calendar.
- Management of all advancement- and alumni-related email communications.
- Management and growth of all alumni social media accounts with an emphasis on follower interaction, engagement, and education of campus growth, outcomes, and areas to support.
- Creation and management of a monthly alumni e-newsletter.
- Management of the Barton College Alumni and Friends website in coordination with the Barton College Marketing Department.
- Work with the Barton College Marketing Department to develop and produce alumni- and donor-related digital engagement content.
- Management of the alumni online network (bartonalumni.com) focused on increasing interaction within the alumni community and with the College.
- Coordination and oversight of the Barton College Alumni Association Board focusing on initiatives that increase overall alumni participation.
- Management of the Regional Alumni Chapter Program to drive local alumni activity and philanthropic support for the College.
- Implementation and maintenance of a sustainable Alumni Reunion program with an emphasis on a life-long connection to the college.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of all Homecoming activities.
- Support the Offices of Annual Giving and Donor Relations to meet and/or exceed annually assigned fundraising goals for the Annual Unrestricted Fund, General Scholarship Fund, alumni giving percentage, and overall donor retention goals.
- Provide accurate and timely activity reports and revenue forecasts.
- Respond in a timely manner to all Alumni Office inquiries and issues.
- Assist as needed in all fundraising programs and activities of Barton College and perform other duties as assigned.
This position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. Additionally, it requires travel around the region and to other areas of the country, as well as evening and weekend work hours.Required Skills, Experience, and Credentials
- A Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field and a minimum of one year of experience in fundraising/alumni relations within a higher education institution is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies.
- Ability to build effective internal and external relationships.
- Experience with the development and maintenance of a digital web platform.
- Management of professional social media accounts.
- A strong work ethic, personal integrity, and ability to be discreet in handling confidential and proprietary information appropriately.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Evidence of ability to produce results as well as a commitment to lifelong learning and professional growth are also required.
- Must be self-motivated and eager to be part of an emerging team.
- Must be computer literate.
- Demonstrate positive outlook and be able to see and respond to opportunities.
- Experience with Adobe Suite.
- Experience producing video and other digital content.
- Familiarity with Barton College and a small liberal arts environment.
- Experience in event management.
- Experience in stewardship and cultivation of donors, alumni, and other constituents.
Please submit application materials including a letter of interest, current resume, and contact information for at least three professional references (all documents should be MS Word or PDF format) to Human Resources at [email protected]. References will not be checked until the candidate is informed. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Any claims of discrimination for Title IX or otherwise should be directed to our Title IX Coordinator, Victoria A. Morris, at P.O. Box 5000, Wilson, NC 27893, or at 252-399-6330 or [email protected].