Building Facility Specialist
Posting Code: 3041040
Work type: Classified
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Facilities Maintenance, Athletics
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
To coordinate and provide equipment and facility set-up for meetings, conferences, and special events; provide customer service to building patrons; monitor facility use and ensure conformance with policies and procedures; perform facility maintenance and cleaning; perform related work.Level Scope:
Applies basic skills while developing some specialized skills in procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization; performs routine and/or repetitive tasks; limited decision making required; generally works under close supervision; has no or limited experience; work is performed from within specific limits of established procedures and/or defined instructions.Essential Functions:
60% of Time the Building Facility Specialist must:
● Interprets event documents and diagrams to determine event needs; prioritizes work sequencing and order of task completion considering current and future meeting room usage and determines equipment to remain; identifies or anticipates problems and takes corrective action.
● Applies knowledge of fire safety codes and ADA guidelines to determine correct aisle width and safe entries and exits; sets up seating, tables, staging, program aids, and equipment; sets up and troubleshoots audio-visual operations including sound and lighting equipment such as sound systems, wireless microphones, mixers, video and data projectors, and connects telephone and audio data lines; recommends service improvements for all areas of the facility; monitors and controls facility environment including HVAC and lighting; observes facility and equipment to ensure compliance with risk management objectives and public safety; observes, responds to, and reports unusual occurrences such as theft, vandalism, illness, and drug and alcohol related problems; recommends safety and security solutions.
● Provides customer service and communicates with facility users to ensure event needs are met; assesses and resolves customer complaints. Assists customers and visitors with directions and information regarding events. Uses feedback to report program success and customer satisfaction. Evacuates customers in emergencies.
● Performs basic facility and equipment maintenance and cleaning ; monitors cleanliness of facility; performs basic equipment repairs; replaces light bulbs; performs special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Miscellaneous items as required or as needed for Athletic Department Facilities (including Albertsons Stadium):
a. Security- responsible for securing areas of assignment on a predetermined schedule. Included turning out lights and locking doors.
b. Equipment operation- Fork Lifts and misc. hand tools
c. Utilization and handling of chemicals and supplies- Utilize proper methods, materials, supplies, and procedures in all phases of duties performed.
d. Provides backup services for other vacant positions at the combined area facilities.
e. Move office furniture, paint walls and other light maintenance
f. Compliance with policies, procedures and work availability. Position occupant must adhere to established policies, rules and procedures, which include the following:
i. Attendance: Expected to be available for work on time on a consistent basis. This includes normal duty as well as possible extra duty and/or extended hours or work to cover emergency situations and sporting events.
ii. Telephone number: This position is expected to have a telephone number where they can be reached for emergencies.
iii. Compliance with policies and procedures: This position is expected to comply with existing policies and procedures that are applicable to the work area.
g. This position is required to work all Bronco home football games and other bronco team sporting events as assigned
h. Other related duties as assigned
● Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 60 pounds
● Must have sufficient speech and hearing acuity to perform customer service activities.
● Knowledge of fire safety codes and ADA guidelines
Some knowledge of: adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing whole numbers.
Experience: providing customer service; explaining and applying policies and procedures; using tools, equipment, materials and common practices used in facility preparation including custodial work; setting work priorities; interpreting written oral instructions.
This position starts at $15 per hour. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.
Advertised: April 07, 2021
Applications close: Open until filled