Department:: Watson College
Locations:: Binghamton, NY
Posted:: Apr 7, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: 47569
Position ID:: 129711
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3)
The Watson College at Binghamton University (SUNY) seeks a personable, student-focused professional with knowledge of marketing trends and strategies and experience in recruitment or admissions in higher education.
Reporting to the Director of Watson Graduate Recruitment and Admissions, and working closely with the Communications and Marketing Watson liaison, departmental Graduate Directors, Graduate Administrative Assistants, the Office of Graduate Recruitment and the Graduate School, the graduate student recruiter will assist the Watson College with promotion of its graduate degree programs. They will identify and recruit from engineering, computer science and science institutions in the U.S. and international markets, and yield the most promising talent from these markets by implementing a recruiting strategy that increases the diversity, quality, and overall graduate enrollment of the Watson College.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a professional with proven experience performing recruitment related duties for a college or university.
The Watson College is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive teaching, research, and working environment. Potential applicants who share this goal, especially underrepresented minorities, women and persons with disabilities, are strongly encouraged to apply.
The State University of New York and Binghamton University are equal opportunity employers.
Developing and implementing a strategic, tactical, and operational marketing recruitment plan including:
- Representing the Watson College professionally and ethically at international and domestic recruiting events, conferences and meetings, travelling independently as well as part of a delegation;
- Coordinating and executing recruitment strategies targeted at current Binghamton University students;
- Researching and identifying target markets and recruiting venues, analyzing trends and assessing effectiveness of recruitment events;
- Utilizing innovative recruitment techniques and marketing methods to develop, plan, organize and execute a nationwide recruitment program with special emphasis on increasing the representation of minorities and women students in the Watson College;
- Coordinating social media strategies that target key constituents globally and in the United States in coordination with Communications and Marketing personnel, including generating content and reviewing recruitment materials by seeking input from key constituents;
- Collecting and evaluating feedback and data to inform recruitment materials and campaigns;
- Employing effective and professional communications/marketing skills, generate and respond to inquiries, provide consistent and professional recruiting information and communicate proactively with partner universities, schools and recruitment organizations in a timely manner;
- Establishing and maintaining a dynamic, cooperative relationship with feeder institutions and Watson leadership, department chairs, department graduate directors, department graduate administrative assistants, faculty, staff and key partners on campus, such as the Office of Graduate Recruitment, the Graduate School, Communications and Marketing, International Student and Scholar Services; and
- Delivering marketing and promotional presentations to diverse audiences domestically, internationally, virtually and through key partners.
Performance will be evaluated on successfully tracking outcomes of efforts and meeting established graduate enrollment goals for the Watson College.
- Master's degree in business, marketing, public relations, communications, related field or a STEM discipline
- Two or more years of professional experience working in higher education and/or in recruitment or admissions
- Experience in developing marketing or recruitment campaigns with an emphasis on the utilization of multiple tools to reach target market(s)
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to be culturally adaptable and work well in diverse environments and with diverse clientele
- Familiarity with graduate school application processes
- Data driven and familiarity with reporting & analysis
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and proven ability to learn and use new technology, including social media and university systems
- Able and willing to work non-standard / varied working hours and to travel (domestically and internationally) independently
- Valid / clean driver's license to operate a motor vehicle and ability to obtain a U.S. passport before appointment
- Familiarity with engineering and computer science graduate degree requirements
- Experience with Slate or a similar CRM tool
- Previous experience in graduate recruiting
- Previous experience in domestic and/or international recruiting practices and fairs/events
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: April 22, 2021
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.