Research System Administrator
Job Title: Research System Administrator
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 224776
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of eight years of experience including experience in any of the following: IT applications, clinical billing or clinical research.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Detail-oriented with strong organizational, multi-tasking, decision making, analytical and problem solving skills
Demonstrated ability to meet short-term deadlines in a very fast-paced work environment with little direct supervision
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases and ability to learn new software applications easily
Skilled in providing adult training on systems using a variety of methods which contribute to the user's success in using the system
Self-starter with demonstrated ability to maintain accountability, work independently and contribute creatively while functioning as part of a cooperative and coordinated team
Knowledge of project management techniques and tools; clinical research processes; clinical billing requirements; scheduling and clinical orders processes; and HIPPAA, IRB and compliance data
Ability to maintain confidentiality; meet short-term deadlines; develop and implement goals and action plans; and respond to urgent tickets, inquiries and system outage in a time sensitive and pro-active manner to ensure continuity of research participants access to researchPreferred Qualifications Experience using OnCore, conducting clinical research or in clinical billing.Responsibilities The Research System Administrator is responsible for business processing and service delivery of Forte's OnCore, Clinical Trial Management Application, Biorepository and Registry modules. The incumbent will require a comprehensive understanding of clinical research processes, clinical billing standards and charge master/orders requirements. They will work collaboratively with technical expertise in Jaguar Collaborative, AU Research IT systems, PowerTrials Administrator and members of the Clinical Research Community to ensure that the use of the OnCore is used to enhance best practices in clinical research and to achieve efficiencies in operational and business processing as well as accomplish desired results while reducing expenses and improving service. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide subject matter expertise for the implementation and on-going management of all components of OnCore and Advarra EDC applications and their implement to the AU community. Act as the primary point of contact for Advarra inquiries and interactions. The incumbent will be responsible for providing project management and oversight of the OnCore application including upgrades, enhancements, and bug fixes. Document project status and completion on daily basis. Integration of these applications with other enterprise IT systems and research systems both initially and on an on-going basis. The incumbent will be responsible for developing project timelines, organizing and running assigned project team meetings and teleconferences, and ensuring members are presented with current information on the status of all current projects. They will be responsible for managing project logistics to report on defined deliverables, to identify variances in project plan and to develop contingency plans when necessary to keep project milestones on track. Develop project timelines, organize and run assigned clinical study team meetings and teleconferences, ensuring members are presented with current information on the status of all current projects, managing study logistics, to report on defined deliverables, to identify variances in project plan and develop contingency plans when necessary to keep project milestones on track.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments and customers to build systems that support organizational requirements. Maintain current application by collaborating with internal and external technical experts to resolve bugs, to implement upgrades, and assess on-going performance issues. Provide recommendations and fixes to technical problems in a cost-effective manner. Ensures continuous delivery of technical services through monitoring of applications and performance. Troubleshoot and perform break-fix tasks on application as necessary. Act as technical lead on application projects. Maintain applications security. Develop, monitor, and implement security measures for access management and protection of data. Evaluate clinical trial protocols ensuring the consistent development of study calendars which comply with study procedures. Develop, organize and deliver training to users and community in a manner that is accessible, convenient, and organized.
- Write or contribute to the development of standard operating procedures, policies, and training guides. The incumbent will also be responsible for planning training materials, sessions and communicating this Information with the end users. Develop, plan, and offer training courses on application use/ access. Maintain detailed records and prepare communication as needed. Participate In corporate continuous improvement initiatives to enhance client services, efficiency and profitability. Participate in selected Inter-departmental meetings, conferences, conference calls and planning. Communicate effectively with clarity and transparency. Innovative critical and creative thinking to evaluate and solve issues. Provide exemplary service to customers reaching out and supporting users in a proactive and positive manner. The incumbent will be the primary liaison between the vendor (Advarra) and AU for clinical teams, AU Clinical Research Teams and Offices. Provide approximately weekly updates of project initiation status in Oncore.
- Work collaboratively with other application Administrators to ensure the efficient delivery of clinical research services and support. Cross train in Research Development Services to include study calendar review and conduct of Medicare Cost Analysis.
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.