Travel Accounts Coordinator
Travel Accounts CoordinatorPosition Number:
$27,237 - $30,000Job Summary/Description:
Under general supervision, this position performs all responsibilities of the travel department to include but not limited to: assisting with coordinating travel arrangements; consulting the ASU community on travel policies; and processing travel reimbursement
1. Consults and coordinates with ASU community, prospective employees,
and guests regarding all aspects of University travel arrangements and
2. Assists with making travel reservations to include air, hotel, and car rental; assists with issuing airline tickets. Processes related
expenses through the university business travel account.
3. Processes travel authorizations and screens for proper signatures.
4. Processes travel advance requests and regulates the issuance of manual warrants.
5. Reviews receipts and documents concerning travel.
6. Prepares/audits reimbursement vouchers/expense logs ensuring
adherence to State travel regulations governing per diem, lodging, mileage,
out-of-state travel, car rentals, and related expenses. Processes travel documents.
7. Administers travel credit card program.
8. Reviews and reconciles accounts monthly.
9. Composes routine correspondence or utilizes standard forms to communicate with department personnel on expense reporting
and related travel matters.
10. Trains and advises department personnel on travel regulations and forms completion.
11. Plans and organizes work to ensure completion of tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of basic accounting and record keeping practices and procedures;
Knowledge of general office procedures; knowledge of the operation of personal computers and the use of word processing and spreadsheet software.
Knowledge of State travel regulations and reporting procedures.
Ability to understand written materials, and maintain records.
Ability to plan, organize and prioritize travel arrangements for a large customer base.
Ability to follow directions and complete work by established deadlines.
Ability to perform mathematical calculations and accounting entries in an accurate manner.
Ability to reconcile bank statements.
Ability to operate a ten-key adding machine by touch.
Ability to perform work requiring accuracy and attention to detail.
Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
Excellent skills in oral and written communication.
Excellent skills in interpersonal relations.
Excellent customer service and phone skills.
Possession of a high school diploma or GED certificate; or a combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities for successful performance in the position. Three years of bookkeeping and/or accounting clerical
Accounts payable, purchasing, and/or bookkeeping experience. Knowledge of State travel regulations desirable. Two years of travel experience preferred.Physical Requirements:
Requires prolonged periods of sitting and occasional walking; medium level manual dexterity; occasional lifting up to 15 lbs. Works in a pleasant, well lighted, temperature-controlled environment; periods of
heavy workload may occur.
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].Posting Number:
04/07/2021Open Until Filled: