Associate Director for Housing Operations and Administrative Services
Associate Director for Housing Operations and Administrative ServicesTracking Code597-280 Job DescriptionThe Associate Director contributes to the development of long and short range departmental goals aimed at executing a comprehensive undergraduate housing operation of 2000+ beds focused on traditional residence halls, fraternity & sorority chapter houses, and university apartments.
The Associate Director for Housing Operations and Administrative Services reports to the Executive Director. Key duties include providing direction to department staff for duties related to housing operations and administrative services; customer service; supervising/overseeing of operations and administrative services area and staff; managing and coordinating the execution of the departmental operations calendar; managing occupancy, room assignments, billing and related reporting; marketing and customer services for the department; aiding in operational budget areas; overseeing operational processes such as access management (keys/card systems, etc.); housing facilities liaison; and serving on/chairing departmental and divisional committees.
- The Associate Director directly supervises a Coordinator of Assignment Processes and Communications, an Office Manager (Administrative Specialist 3), and a summer intern. Indirect supervision of 8 student staff members (Office Assistants)
- As a member of the RL&L leadership team, provides vision and guidance in the development and implementation of efficient administrative housing policies and procedures for the academic year, including building closing and openings, coordination of break housing, and front-line customer service, and facility related services
- Serves as primary administrator for housing software and department liaison to Information Technology in order to receive applications, make assignments, assess fees, deliver individualized communications, manage data, and generate reports
- Maintains and develops efficient and sustainable models for occupancy reporting, projecting housing occupancy demands and revenue generation.
- Plan, organize, and implement housing assignments and room change processes for continuing and incoming students
- Oversees daily operational activities such as cancellations, accommodation requests, and billing inquiries
- Creates and facilitates presentations, communications, and staff training modules
- Assesses housing operations and related services which directly affect the quality of our students’ residential experience
- Primary department liaison to Facilities Management regarding ongoing operations related to maintenance, custodial, safety, and furniture issues.
- Manages marketing, advertising, and communications for the department
- Works collaboratively with internal and external partners such as Facilities Management, Information Technology, Public Safety, Admissions, Athletics, Dining Services, Summer Conferences, Health Services, Academic Success, Marketing, and other departments as necessary to communicate and coordinate operations, services, and occupancy management
This is a full-time live-off position. The Associate Director is not part of the university on-call system. There are opportunities to serve as a university hearing officer.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in higher education administration, management, business or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with internal and external partners
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Good software and technology skills
- Excellent mediation, problem solving and decision making skills
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in higher education administration, management, business, or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience utilizing technology and data management systems
- Demonstrated ability to train, supervise and evaluate professional and undergraduate student staff
- Mediation, intervention, problem solving, decision making, and emergency response
Salary Grade: 6Job Location DeLand, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular