OPS Application Programmer Analyst - Pediatrics Administration
Job no: 516282
Work type: Temp Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Engineering/Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:29090100 - MD-PEDS-ADMINISTRATION
OPS - Time LimitedJob Description:
The Department of Pediatrics is seeking for an Application Programmer Analyst position, which is responsible for providing a variety of computer related services for the Regional Perinatal Intensive Care Centers (RPICC) and Early Steps (ES) programs. The ideal candidate will have ColdFusion experience. Responsibilities to include:
Application/Code Development for the ES/RPICC data systems.
- Maintain the existing ColdFusion application code for these web-based statewide data systems. Must adapt system for compliance with current program requirements including CPT coding standards and Medicaid clearing house rules and formats. Systems must be maintained in a secure, HIPAA compliant manner.
- This secure web system supports more than 600 users statewide who enter data on demographic and service data from 18 regional centers.
- Implement, maintain, and update application code for compatibility with current service taxonomies; must be able to apply critical thinking to maintain accuracy regarding provided service taxonomies and appropriate billing formulas for Medicaid.
Development for next iteration of ES/RPICC data systems and related reporting.
- Have significant role in the development of the new application environment for the ES/RPICC systems data portal currently under development. Application code for the next portal will shift to the C# platform. In parallel, the current data reporting platform will move to Python. Maintain and develop both the requisite reporting logic, as well as implementing the reporting code and structure.
Assist state stakeholders with complex queries. DBA Duties/data transforms.
- Serve as DBA for Early Steps and RPICC data, updating and transforming data as needed for integrity purposes.
- Provide assistance for users and sponsors regarding complex reporting and trouble shooting. Responsible for ETL regarding imported data sets from MED 3000 and other data sources. Must have a thorough understanding of both the technical aspects of the ES/RPICC data as well as competency related to programmatic knowledge of the sponsors’ data and how it is used in the ES and RPICC statewide programs.
- Provides the Federal Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) reporting for the Florida Early Steps program.
Submit weekly claims to Medicaid clearing house for billing.
- Develop and support of the HIPAA compliant Medicaid electronic billing module used to bill for the service provided in the RPICC and Early Steps programs. The weekly submissions create the revenue streams for members’ programs to continue to render medical services to their member/patient base.
$32.60 to $34.50 per hour commensurate with experienceMinimum Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and six years of experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.Preferred Qualifications:
A bachelor degree and five years of any combination of relevant experience, education and/or certification
ColdFusion experience preferred.Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position, applicants must upload a cover letter or letter of interest, curriculum vitae or resume and a list of 3 professional references.
Normal work hours are Monday though Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; however, the hours may be flexible depending upon the requirements of the position. This job may require occasional overtime to meet programmatic needs.
FBI background screening (Level 2) required by contract funding.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 07 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 14 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time