End User Computing Spec III
Job no: 516289
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Health Profession, Information Systems/Technology
Department:27010701 - HA-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
End User Computing Spec IIIJob Description:
SYSTEMS SUPPORT. Team lead; responsible for ensuring that staffing resources are allocated appropriately for daily work assignments and that service management procedures are being followed. Advise and mentor End User Computing Specialists I and II. Serve as a key contributor for knowledgebase articles related to unit applications, end-user hardware configurations, and diagnostic procedures. Utilize automation technologies (e.g., scripting, templates, and workflows) to enhance productivity. Collaborate with other service teams to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems and identify areas for process improvement. Provide quality assurance (QA) for end user hardware configurations and operating system (OS) images. Assist manager with IT projects or other duties (as required).
APPLICATION SUPPORT. Provide Tier-3 support (including consultation and requirements definitions, client installation and configuration, advanced troubleshooting, and vendor collaboration) for unit-level applications supporting clinical, educational, research, and administrative functions.
END USER COMPUTER SUPPORT. Provide Tier-3 hardware and OS support for end user computing equipment, including workstations, printers, scanners, mobile devices, and specialty computing devices that interface with clinical or research equipment.
ENTERPRISE SERVICES SUPPORT. Provide Tier-2 support (including standard configuration and/or troubleshooting steps, as documented in process documentation and the knowledgebase) for telephony, network, file storage, and audio-visual (A/V) devices or services. Collaborate with Tier-3 support teams (as required) to resolve complex service disruptions.
$48,000 - $55,000Minimum Requirements:
Associate's degree and four years of appropriate experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and 6 years of relevant experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate of required experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and troubleshooting complex end-user computing devices, applications, and technology services;
- Experience supporting enterprise environments (10,000+ devices) and/or supporting academic health centers (AHC)/clinical care;
- Advanced knowledge of current Windows and/or Mac OS X OSs in a network environment;
- Working knowledge of common administrative, educational, and research applications and services;
- Familiarity with service management industry best practice;
- Ability to work collaboratively with customers in supporting new technologies for clinical, educational, and research initiatives;
- Ability to maximizing the effectiveness of current production systems;
- Ability to assess situations and develop solutions that are compliant with organizational standards and policies;
- Excellent troubleshooting, communication, organizational, collaborative and interpersonal skills.
Please upload the following - CV or Resume, Cover Letter and List of Professional References.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 07 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 13 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time