Job no: 516265
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:52040000 - TT-DAP-SELF-FUNDED SUPPORT
Marketing SpecialistJob Description:
The Office of Professional and Workforce Development (OPWD) supports the Office of Teaching and Technology and the University of Florida in offering non-credit education for adult learners across multiple modalities, e.g. online, face-to-face, and conferences. This position is responsible for assisting in planning, developing, editing, and managing content to support course launches and marketing campaigns
- Works with OPWD staff to arrange course content into messaging for various marketing materials, press releases, course launches, articles and ads for programs supported by OPWD.
- Assists in the coordination and development of digital media and creatives for advertising. Gathers market research to determine the viability of new programs, audiences, or advertising platforms. Assesses, manages and analyzes large-scale marketing campaigns.
- Contributes to social media platforms for supported programs. Social media platforms include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. Assists in developing video, audio and multimedia projects from proposal through post-production.
- Devises and evaluates methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls or questionnaires, or obtains existing data. Works with internal partners to highlight current events of their programs. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
$21.55 - $23.95Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience; or an associates degree and four years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time while meeting respective deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with team members and clients.
- Experience managing video, audio and multimedia projects from proposal through post-production
- A basic understanding of marketing platforms, such as Google AdWords, Facebook Advertising and Pinterest Advertising
- Experience with purchasing digital and print advertising space
- Understanding of graphic design principles
- Experience developing creative digital content for advertising purposes
- Experience working in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator or Premiere
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Understanding of modern marketing concepts
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This position is located at the UF TREEO Center, eight miles for the main campus.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 06 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 15 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time