Director of Institutional Effectiveness
The Director of Institutional Effectiveness position supports Air University's Air Command and Staff College (ACSC) eSchool of Graduate Professional Military Education (eSchool) in fulfilling its core mission as directed by the Commander, Air University and the Commandant, Air Command and Staff College (ACSC). The Director is responsible for directing the process of academic assessment and improvement; submits annual assessment reports as required; provides guidance to faculty and administration concerning assessment; collaborates with the Dean and Associate Dean in the design and execution of plans for maintaining regional and specialized accredited status; and assists in preparing accreditation documentation for review. In addition, assists the Associate Dean in coordinating and overseeing the educational program review and strategic planning processes for the eSchool; advising on progress, problems, solutions, and desirable changes in relation to strategic planning; and schedules and conducts meetings to present, explain and discuss educational program review and strategic planning with individuals and groups. Qualifications
The position requires skill in designing and developing evaluation materials, a broad knowledge of faculty recruitment, development, knowledge of educational program and accreditation requirements, instructional and evaluation methods, outcomes assessment procedures, competency-based learning, knowledge of research methods and ability to conduct and lead research related to educational assessment, ability to effectively lead and participate in teams to design, develop, execute, and evaluate educational programs, and knowledge of educational technology and ability to use informational technology.
Air University is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive educational environment:
- We are dedicated to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty committed to inclusive teaching and scholarship.
- Prospective candidates must engender a climate that values and uses diversity in all its forms to enrich debate and make the institution more inclusive.
Applicants should address how they will further these goals in their cover letter.
The person in this position may hold Air University academic rank.
Incumbent must possess a minimum of a Master's Degree, but it is highly desired that candidates hold an earned doctoral degree in Institutional Effectiveness, Curriculum and Instruction, or closely related field.
To apply, please submit the following documents through USAJOBS:
- Application or cover letter, which should address your qualifications for the duties described above, for example:
- Skill in designing and developing evaluation materials.
- Broad knowledge of faculty recruitment, development, and promotion policies and issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally with a wide range and diverse group of people.
- Ability to write effectively including staff work and personal assessment.
- Knowledge of educational program and accreditation requirements, instructional and evaluation methods, outcomes assessment procedures, and competency-based learning.
- Knowledge of research methods and ability to conduct and lead research related educational assessment.
- Ability to effectively lead and participate in teams to design, develop, execute, and evaluate educational programs.
- Knowledge of educational technology and ability to use informational technology.
- Professional references (required): Names and contact information for three individuals who can speak to your accomplishments.
- Curriculum vitae or academic resume.
Salary: $86,000.00 - $125,000.00
To apply for this position: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/596961600