Assistant Director, SPHTM Online Programs Professional Preparation
Assistant Director, SPHTM Online Programs Professional PreparationDean - SPH/TM
Location: New Orleans, LASummary
Under the supervision of the Associate Dean for Online Programs, the Assistant Director will serve as a liaison, student success advisor and practicum placement coordinator for students in online programs.
- Direct the processes involved with ensuring that there are appropriate practicum, residency, and field placements for online students available where they are located.
- Work with faculty advisors and provide ongoing communication with internship, residency, and practicum sites.
- Direct the coordination and maintenance of field affiliation agreements in collaboration with the Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs inclusive of out-of-state and international agreements for students in online programs.
- Serve as liaison to SPHTM Career Services.
- Assign students to the appropriate faculty liaison or public health mentor.
- Resolves issues as they arise in the field and working with the Faculty Director(s).
- Maintain significant contact with students to ensure participation in field education, professional development, and student and/or site concerns.
- Serve as liaison to SPHTM Alumni Affairs.
- Create and maintain databases of practicum, internship, and residency placement opportunities.
- Coordinate Advisory Boards.
- All other duties deemed necessary by the Associate Dean.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Three years of experience in online graduate education (e.g., student advisement, field placement, etc.)
- Experience working within the field of public health education.
- Experience advising online students
- Experience with learning management tools (e.g., Canvas, Blackboard, Desire to Learn, etc.)
- Experience with online conferencing software (e.g., Zoom, Adobe Connect, Webx, etc.)