Instructional DesignerDean - SPH/TM
Location: New Orleans, LASummary
Under the supervision of the Director of Online Programs, the Instructional Designer will be responsible for the design, development, and redesign of interactive online courses for School of Public Health programs using a variety of digital resources to include software, hardware, data, multimedia, videoconferencing, and collaboration tools. All course materials are produced within the Canvas LMS and instructional materials must be ADA compliant. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:Managing the planning and technical implementation of online course development within the institutions learning management system (Canvas), in conjunction with program leadership Identifying appropriate and solution-based software applications, hardware, and other technologies necessary to produce media rich online courses Working collaboratively with online program faculty and staff to design online learning activities using existing course learning objectives, materials, and instructor/textbook content Directing and creating multimedia elements for online learning modules Developing technical documentation for online course development; conducting quality control checks of online courses; and providing faculty support, training, and mentoring to faculty developing online courses.
- Bachelors' degree in instructional design, educational technology, instructional technology, training and development or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in online education (e.g., course development, online course assessment, etc...).
- Experience working within the field of public health education.
- Experience teaching online
- Experience with learning management tools (e.g., Canvas, Blackboard, Desire to Learn, etc...)
- Experience with online conferencing software (e.g., Zoom, Adobe Connect, Webx, etc...)