Senior Department Administrator II
Senior Department Administrator IIEpidemiology
Location: New Orleans, LASummary
The Senior Department Administrator serves as both business/financial officer and communications manager for the Department of Epidemiology, and the primary duties include: managing all departmental administrative and financial activities: budgetary management, grants and contracts submissions, human resource administration, facilities and resource management, coordination of grants and contracts activities, development and implementation of operational procedures, and special projects as assigned.Additional responsibilities of the position include working in conjunction with the Department Chair, faculty, and research staff members to manage budgetary issues of research activities, as well as the management and oversight of all financial and human resource activities for the Bogalusa Heart Study Clinic and Office of Health Research.Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and three years' experience related to grants and financial administration, including staff training and supervision, preparing grants and contracts budgets, and post award fiscal management experience (or High School Diploma/Equivalent and nine years' experience related to grants and financial administration, including staff training and supervision, preparing grants and contracts budgets, and post award fiscal management experience.)
- Master's degree in Business Administration.
- Two years' experience with grant and contract proposal preparation and submissions to the NIH.
- Two years' experience preparing subcontract agreements with other institutions
- Some experience in a supervisory role.