Personal Trainer - Institutional Student Worker
Job Title: Personal Trainer - Institutional Student Worker
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 225356
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Personal Trainer on the Gainesville campus. University of North Georgia Campus Recreation and Wellness (Gainesville) is seeking knowledgeable, energetic students interested in promoting fitness on campus for the position of Personal Trainer. Campus Recreation and Wellness offers a healthy and friendly work environment that is able to accommodate student schedules. This position will begin in August of 2021.Responsibilities
- Provide personalized workouts to varying age and skill range, for participants in individual and group training sessions.
- Respond to emergencies following the Campus Recreation and Wellness Emergency Action Plan.
- Required to obtain CPR/First Aid/AED training through American Red Cross within one month of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to train at a variety of times in conjunction with a client's schedule.
- Hold an interest in the field of health and fitness.
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- Nationally recognized Personal Training Certification is required.
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED certification or able to obtain within the first month of employment.
- Cover letter
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.