Evening Lab Assistant
Provide instructional and clerical support for students and instructors.Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
1. Assist students with completion of assignments and accessing Canvas lessons.
2. Score tests including TABE and GED Ready. Record results including final GED scores.
3. Ensure that students sign in and out of lab.
4. Organize instructional materials.
5. Secure lab equipment and lock up the lab.
6. Complete clerical work to support lab instructors. Answer phone and take messages or answer questions.
7. Make reminder calls to students prior to orientation.
8. Organize paperwork for orientation.
9. Maintain current professional knowledge in the field through professional education and activities.
10. Support College managers in quality and process improvement activities. Participate in and contribute to assignments and special projects of a similar nature and level.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- Interpersonal communication skills-oral, written and listening
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to attend to detailed work, maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Intermediate knowledge of computer software applications such as word processing and spreadsheets
- High School Diploma
- Additional related coursework may include the following: Title IX, VAWA and Clery Act for Faculty and Staff. Violence Prevention Training. Training for GED and/or TABE 11-12
- One year experience working in a support capacity in an educational setting.
- Spanish speaking preferred
This position supports the department of College and Career Readiness and is available immediately.
This position is a part-time, 14-hours per week position and works Monday through Thursday, 4:30 pm. to 8:00 p.m.
All applications both (internal and external) must attach the following to the online application:
- Cover Letter
Position is not eligible for college benefits.