CLIA Diagnostic Lab Technician
This is a 2-year term position with the possibility of renewal. This is a 2nd shift opening, working hours 2 pm - 10 pm
CLIA Diagnostic Lab Technician
Job ID: 2021-12405
# of Openings: 1
Category: Research and Laboratory
Under the direction of a General Supervisor and Team Leader, the CLIA Lab Technician is responsible for performing high complexity tests that are authorized by the laboratory director. This includes specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting, and maintaining patient test results. The Lab Technician is responsible for following the laboratory's procedures and maintaining records that demonstrate proficiency-testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens. The Lab Technician also performs detailed lab support duties including lab organization, maintenance, and participation in-group meetings and supporting lab members with their projects.
Perform clinical diagnostic testing of including but not limited to Nucleic acids extraction, and qPCR Maintain specimens. Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results. Maintain records that demonstrate proficiency-testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications. Monitors test analyses and specimen examination to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance. Regulatory Compliance: Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed. Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance. Adheres to Princeton University's core values, safety and compliance policies and procedures. Identifies problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problem or immediately notify the general supervisor, technical supervisor, clinical consultant, or director. Participate in-group meetings and keep up with relevant training information. Equipment Maintenance: Support inventory maintenance by monitoring inventory levels of reagents and consumables, providing alerts when needed. Calibrate instrumentation, validate quality of assay, and perform cleaning, maintenance, alignment procedures, quality assurance assays, and troubleshooting on equipment.
Qualifications:- Education and training equivalent to an associate degree in laboratory science or medical laboratory technology - Hands on Molecular biological techniques, RNA/DNA automated and manual preparation, PCR, qPCR (preferred)
- Experience with executing molecular biology protocols
- Excellent organizational skills
- Flexibility to handle multiple time consuming tasks simultaneously in a service-oriented lab
- Strong mechanical aptitude and an intense attention to detail
- Flexibility to work varied 8 (potential 12 hour) shifts Preferred (not required)Education and training equivalent to an associate degree in laboratory science or medical laboratory technology: 60 hours or equivalent that includes either 24 hours of medical laboratory technology courses or 24 hours of science courses: 6 hours of chemistry; 6 hours of biology, and 12 hours in chemistry, biology or medical laboratory technology, or any combination. Training in an approved/accredited laboratory-training program, which may be included in the 60 hours specified above or at least three months of documented laboratory training. Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW