Assistant Clinical Coordinator
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coveragePOSITION SUMMARY: The Assistant Clinical Coordinator orchestrates and continues to improve the technical and operational functions associated with the coordination of clinical site visits for students in the graduate nursing programs with South University. This position works closely with the Graduate Clinical Director, the academic leadership, university agents, and students to ensure that the student approval and documentation aligns and supports the mission, values, and priorities of South University, with the ultimate goal to improve the student learning environment and experience. Incumbent must assure that the South University philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position. KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Manages the flow of online clinical students through the approval process for South University, ensuring appropriate and required documentation is maintained in the student file within the student management systems in accordance with prescribed policies, procedures, and cycle times.
- Provides initial approval of Clinical Placement for students during the on boarding admissions process.
- Communicates with nursing students and other stakeholders throughout the approval, collection, and on-boarding process to answer questions and provide transparency as to the stage and process outcome.
- Ensures creation and maintenance of student records. Performs periodic file and system audits/reviews to ensure accuracy, completeness, and timeliness per established policies and procedures of EDMC and the educational system, and to ensure the clinical programs meet all applicable CCNE requirements.
- Guide students through the placement process and preparing application materials for submission and notifies the Graduate Clinical Director when student submission process is complete.
- Ensures proper documentation procedures with regard to contracts, affiliation agreements, students evaluations and academic records.
- Assures student clinical rotations meet or exceed the 50% NONPF threshold for mentored preceptorship with same population focus providers.
- Twice weekly reviews Campus Vue to assure student is in appropriate and approved clinical rotation sites.
- Approves site changes when necessary.
- Oversee, administers and maintain forms required for clinical site visits.
- Monitor student evaluation data, updating SEEC and other student databases, and generating/editing form letters for student notifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree preferred, from a regionally accredited institution or accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in business, human resources, organizational behavior, or a related field.
- Three to five years of related experience, preferably in a post-secondary education environment or other field with large employee base and strong external customer service requirements (e.g., health care, retail, financial or mortgage services, etc.).
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Excellent oral communication, writing, editing, and proofing skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, which proficiency in large-scale student and/or faculty information systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with diverse populations.
- Customer service orientation, with high degree of professionalism.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other detailsJob FamilyAll PositionsPay TypeHourlyRequired EducationBachelor’s Degree Apply Now
- South University Pittsburgh, PA, 1250 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America