Pro Shop Attendant
Pro Shop AttendantJob Title:
Pro Shop AttendantLocation:
Middlebury, VT CampusHourly/Salaried:
$12.07Brief Position Summary:
The Golf Starter is one of the most visible employees of the facility. This position is tasked with providing customers with service regarding tee times, tee time coordination, rules and policies and pace-of-play. This position is also responsible for assisting with accurate daily play totals and other duties as directed. Due to the nature of the position, the golf starter must be pleasant, but firm at the same time without being argumentative. Any refusal by a customer to follow rules, etc. must be reported to management.
Specific Responsibilities – include but are not limited to:
•Operate the tee sheet/desk in the highest professional manner
•Checks guests in, utilizing the Point of Sale (POS) system, for processing purchases, credit card transactions, answering the telephone, and managing the reservation system.
•Maintains a professional and service-oriented environment in the pro shop by utilizing excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment*
•Assure the orderly flow of play in accordance with the posted tee times. Rotate players as needed to ensure the flow of play
•Have full knowledge of golf tournaments and events and be able to answer member questions pertaining to the events.
•Promote the facility programs, events and image to the customer s of the facility at all times
•Book lessons and tee time reservations as needed for the Golf Professional Staff.
•Provide welcoming “first contact” with each customer or groups of customers and ensure they have an enjoyable experience
•Check with the management and grounds for any unusual or special instructions, such as cart paths only etc.
•Be in control of the daily tee sheet and monitor for updates throughout the shift
•Keep work area neat and clean at all times
•Assist in merchandising and creating new, interesting and visually pleasing displays, by maintaining a pristine shop appearance and organizing and straightening merchandising displays.
•Assist in keeping the course and areas around the clubhouse clean, and call attention to management of any maintenance issues needing addressing
•Assist outside staff as needed
•Assist customers with finding a game when necessary
•Maintain an adequate supply of scorecards, pencils, tees, ball markers, towels, etc. at the first tee and in other locations around the clubhouse as needed.
•Follows corporate guidelines for opening and closing duties, including cash handling responsibilities. The job description includes, but is not limited to, the duties and responsibilities described above. Essential functions of this job description are not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
•Other roles as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Traits:
•Act as a role model for all employees by demonstrating the behavior and work ethic expected of all employees
•Excellent oral communication skills
•Self-motivated with desire to promote
•Service and customer focused attitude
•Enthusiastic, outgoing attitude and personality, patient and non-combative
•Organized, able to work in a busy environment where the priorities are changing
•Dedicated to improving their own skills and knowledge as well as those of the other team members
•Energetic and professional
•Standing or walking for long periods of time may be required
•Position requires full attendance of scheduled hours
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
● Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required. You must be able to learn new computer programs that the club utilizes (Teesnap POS System) and operate other office equipment such as the copier and phone system.
● Ability to learn member names, greeting them by name when they enter the golf shop. Must exhibit willingness and preparation to go above and beyond normal expectations on a daily basis for members and their requests.
● Must be efficient, detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to take direction in order to complete tasks without the need for managerial follow-up.
● Must have a professional and well-groomed appearance and adhere to dress code and uniform policies.
● Must possess an outgoing, friendly and professional personality, be able to communicate clearly and be patient and courteous with members, guests, and co-workers.
● Ability to work weekends and some holidays, lift stock items or objects weighing more than 25 pounds and be on your feet for the majority of your work day.
Minimum Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
Basic math skills, the ability to write and communicate clearly required
Experience handling customer service issues, cash and credit card transactions
.1Typical hours per two week pay period:
36Anticipated Start Date:
04/10/2021Regular or Temporary:
TemporaryIf temporary, enter end date:
12/31/2021Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening:
08/05/2019Open Until Filled:
NoQuicklink for Posting: