AFC Social Media & Marketing Coordinator
AFC Social Media & Marketing CoordinatorDepartment:
Dean of the CollegeLevel:
Level B (Skilled)Job Description:
The Anderson Freeman Resource Center (AFC), located in Carr Hall, works to promote an inclusive and welcoming learning environment for the Middlebury community. In particular, this work includes support for students of color; first-generation college students; students from low-income backgrounds; LGBTQ+ students; international students; and other students who have been historically underrepresented or marginalized in U.S. higher education.
In conjunction with the Center for the Comparative Study of Race and Ethnicity (CCSRE), the AFC provides resources and programming that encourage the holistic development of Middlebury’s increasingly diverse undergraduate students as they attain their goals of academic achievement and personal growth while exploring and sustaining their identities and cultures.
• Support the publicity and marketing program for AFC and CCSRE.
• Assist with research, planning, development, and implementation of Center’s website and social media campaigns.
• Manage and update AFC and CCSRE websites.
o Ensure consistency of design, layout and integrity of content across a network of sites.
o Create new and dynamic content to post to the web (i.e. slideshows, videos, etc.).
o Coordinate with other Student Life content managers on web maintenance as necessary.
• Create and manage social media (Facebook).
• Design posters, announcements, flyers, and resource materials.
• Correspond with student organizations via email about event publicity.
• Submit relevant event details to Facebook, MiddLink, College events calendar, as appropriate.
• Distribute posters and publicity materials around Campus and in town as necessary.
• Assist as needed with other projects that emerge over the course of the year.
• Provide front desk support and reception coverage for the Center, including greeting and assisting visitors.
• Attend all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks; top-notch organization skills; self-motivation and the ability to work independently on projects; positive attitude and interest in learning, thinking creatively, and working as a member of a team; previous web, social networking, and graphic design experience preferred.
Basic computer skills, proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook. Proficiency of social media platforms, Facebook, etc. Knowledge of other computer programs such as Drupal, InDesign and Photoshop, helpful. Knowledge of Middlebury College resources helpful.
Students from diverse backgrounds and interests are highly encouraged to apply.
Mid-September through mid-May at approximately 10 hours per week.
Applicants should be available to work several shifts Monday – Friday between the hours of 10:00a.m. and 11:00p.m., and on weekends to assist with Center coverage.
Eligible for remote work from within the United States Only.Posting Number:
Middlebury, VT CampusIs this an academic year or summer position?:
Academic YearOpen Until Filled:
NoQuicklink for Posting: