AFC MILC Student Coordinator
AFC MILC Student CoordinatorDepartment:
Dean of the CollegeLevel:
Level C (Specialist)Job Description:
The Middlebury Intercultural Leaders Coalition (MILC) works together with the Anderson Freeman Resource Center to facilitate communication and cooperation between student cultural organizations, and offer programs to the campus. MILC works collaboratively to:
• Strengthen the cultural org cluster.
• Create greater autonomy with cultural organizations’ finances.
• Provide liaisons that will work directly with SGA finance committee.
• Improve communication across organizations and boards.
• Facilitate collaborative events to build community.
• Provide opportunities for discourse on topics of diversity, social justice, inclusivity and culture.
Working with the Associate Director of the Anderson Freeman Resource Center and the AmeriCorps VISTA, this student will:
• Manage the leadership development and finances of 20 cultural student organizations and Continuing Initiatives and Programs;
• Work closely with group leaders, AFC staff, and students who are interested in diversity, inclusivity, social justice and cultural initiatives on campus.
• Manage the MILC Flex Fund review process, awarding and tracking.
• Organize and conduct yearly trainings and monthly meetings.
• Present an annual budget on behalf of the 20 cultural orgs to the SGA Finance Committee.
• Serve as a member of the AFC Student Staff.
• Demonstrated experience managing student org budgets.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to remain organized while balancing multiple priorities and tasks.
• Self-motivated and reliable.
• Ability to work independently and proactively on projects.
• Ability to work with a team and accept direction from supervisors.
• Previous experience in a leadership position in one of the cultural orgs.
• Basic computer skills, proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Basic office skills – photocopying, filing, and answering phones.
• Understanding of the processes involved in student org leadership, management, and budgeting at Middlebury.
• Interest in cultural programming, diversity, inclusivity and social justice initiatives.
• Successful candidate cannot hold a current board position in a cultural org while working as the MILC Coordinator.
Eligible for remote work from within the United States Only.Posting Number:
Middlebury, VT CampusIs this an academic year or summer position?:
Academic YearOpen Until Filled:
NoQuicklink for Posting: