Assistant Residence Hall Director
The Assistant Residence Hall Director oversees desk and/or mailroom operations in their assigned community and provides assistance in the overall development and administration of a supportive learning environment. The Assistant Residence Hall Director plays an integral role in shaping the experience of residential students at Georgia State University and assists the Residence Hall Director in developing a premier residential experience that supports the academic mission of Georgia State, and the co-curricular learning goals and student engagement activities of the Division of Student Affairs. University Housing is committed to utilizing Atlanta as an urban classroom to foster a supportive and challenging multicultural learning environment for resident students. Will be required to live in the residence hall.
- Oversee desk and/or mail staffing, operations, and administration for their residential community.
- Manage budget, and coordinate scheduling, payroll, and staff time-sheets.
- Respond to customer service needs and concerns, resolve issues, answer questions, and clarify the policy.
- Participate in a rotation of 24-hour on-call coverage during the academic year, including university break periods for housing, summer school, and/or conferences.
- Serve on departmental committees, task forces, and participate in events and activities at the University.
- Collaborate with supervisors, Dean of Student’s Office, and Counseling Center regarding students of concern who live in the residence hall community.
- Collaborate with the University Housing central office staff to provide quality service to students, guests, and other stakeholders.
- Perform other duties consistent with the purpose of the position as assigned.
- Recruit, select, train, supervise, and evaluate Student Assistants (SAs).
- Develop and implement policies, processes, and protocols for the effective and efficient operation of the desks, mail-rooms and learning centers, as well as to provide quality service to students, guests, and other stakeholders.
- Assist the Residence Hall Director in supporting the RA staff and residential area.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, and training of professional, graduate, and undergraduate staff.
- Participate in departmental/divisional training, development, and social activities.
- Serve as the primary contact for the residential area in the absence of the Residence Hall Director.
- Recruit, train, oversee, advise and support Community Council or National Residence Hall Honorary.
- Responsible for implementing the residential curriculum and academic initiatives and services for residential students.
- Work with students and staff to foster a supportive and inclusive residential community.
- Assist the Residence Hall Director in administering, assessing, and evaluating the residential curriculum, programs, and services.
- Advise, refer and follow up with students as appropriate.
- Support RA and SA staff with student engagement activities and policy enforcement.
Bachelor's degree and one year of related experience.
04/19/21, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Housing
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 04/06/21, 11:00:00 PM