Administrative Specialist, Managerial
The Department of Population Health Sciences within the School of Public Health is seeking an Administrative Specialist, Managerial (Department Coordinator). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- In conjunction with the Department Chair, creates course schedules and staffs them according to faculty workloads.
- Conducts program assessments.
- Ensure programs and concentrations remain in compliance and organizes curriculum revisions when necessary.
- Performs APR and CEPH duties as assigned.
- Coordinates admissions processes.
- Responds to student petitions, complaints, and requests.
- Ensures OAA and university advising, and career services are accurate and up-to-date.
- Point of contact for textbook adoptions.
- Ensures course sequencing guides are correct and distributed accordingly.
- In conjunction with the Department Chair, coordinates efforts for department Promotion and Tenure.
- Maintains database of faculty TT/NTT classification.
- Forecasts 3rd and 5th year review P/T timelines.
- Assists with securing internal committees and external reviewers.
- Manages all logistical aspects of document sharing and archiving.
- Supports Department Chair and faculty in event planning including scheduling, engaging Communications, Facilities, and IT as required, and other related functions.
- Provides administrative support to the Department Chair for elevating and tracking the department's national presence through Academic Analytics and GSU's Digital Measures.
- Tracks engagement with professional and scholarly associations, funding agency boards, and other prestigious organizations.
- Leads special projects as assigned by the Department Chair or Dean's Office.
- Assists the search committee chair and HR Coordinator with faculty/staff candidate recruitment and scheduling.
- Monitors and reports faculty workload and workload forecast.
- Supports the Chair in completing the faculty annual review process.
- Schedules department meetings.
- Provides departmental meeting minutes and notes.
- Supports vacation and sick leave approvals.
- Documents PTI needs and candidates.
- Assists with GRA assignments and supports GRA policy enforcement.
- Assists with Ph.D. and DrPH programs as needed.
- Serves as a non-voting member of the Academic Affairs Committee.
- Monitors the department budget via monthly expenditure reviews.
- Coordinates space needs with the Office of the Dean.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and five years of administrative experience; or a high school diploma or GED and nine years administrative experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
04/16/21, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: School of Public Health
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 04/07/21, 11:21:03 AM