This position is within the Maintenance and Operations Department of Facilities Management Services.Schedule: Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. Duties:
This position will perform a variety of skilled carpentry and general construction duties supporting the maintenance and repair and to perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Will assist and instruct other carpenters on projects. Installs doors and frames, sheet-rock, chalkboards, ceilings, floors, making additions, extension or alterations. Performs a variety of preventive maintenance functions; inspect and repair doors, floors and locks. Hangs and maintains GSU banners.
- Operates a variety of carpentry equipment and tools including saws routers, drills, sanders, planers and various hand tools.
- Performs rough framing duties; cut, trim, hang and finish doors, sliding doors, enclosures and overhangs. Will assemble, install and repair cabinets, book cases, chairs, desk and tables.
- Installs and replaces window frames and broken windows.
- Reads and follows blueprints, shop drawing and sketches supporting the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Serves as a lead worker over a small group of employees; instructs others in the proper use of tools used in the carpentry trade.
- Will be working with an automated work order system.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
Technical or vocational degree and two years of related experience; or a high school diploma or GED and four years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
Open until filled
College/Business Unit: Facilities Management Services
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 04/06/21, 11:06:01 AM