The Access Coordinator of the Access and Accommodations Center works collaboratively with the University community to provide support in the facilitation and implementation of a comprehensive array of support services to ensure University access for qualified students with disabilities. This positon is for the Decatur Campus but may assigned to any Georgia State University campus as needed.
- Reviewing and assessing documentation, assessing functional limitations, and determining appropriate accommodations for students who have disabilities with the goal of student retention, academic progress, and student development via equity of access
- Serving as a liaison between faculty and students to facilitate implementation of effective academic accommodations and the resolution of complaints
- Coordinating notetaking services
- Proctoring exams
- Providing orientation and training to students on the use of support services and assistive technology
- Performing student accommodation-related tasks in data management system
- Collecting and reporting data on department activity for unit and division reports
- Supervision of student assistants
- Troubleshooting and resolving accommodations-related issues
Bachelor's degree and four years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
04/22/21, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Student Services
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 04/06/21, 11:00:00 PM