Development Associate🔍Office of Development, Stanford, California, United States📁Development📅Apr 07, 2021 Post Date📅89099 Requisition #Stanford Athletics boasts a strong tradition of excellence - both in individual and team competition - and has earned Pac-12, Nor Cal, and Mountain Pacific Sports Federation championships, NCAA and national championships; and Olympic victories. The program has also earned more Directors' Cups than any other Division I athletics program in the country. At Stanford, uncompromising academic and athletic standards continue to complement each other, and succeeding as a student-athlete continues to facilitate succeeding as a scholar. To learn more about Stanford Athletics, please visit gostanford.com.Each position in the Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (DAPER) is responsible for playing its role in promoting the integrity of Stanford’s intercollegiate athletics programs and for the reputation of Stanford University. The responsibilities of this position include insuring that all activities are conducted in a manner that furthers the University’s reputation for integrity, and enhances positive relationships between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, each position must comply with NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations. Reporting to the Project Manager, Development for DAPER, the Development Associate will provide support to fundraising programs and activities by working with the DAPER Development team, donors, volunteers, and other university staff. Your responsibilities will include:
- Report on fundraising progress against goals and objectives for specific programs, as assigned.
- Provide development program reporting and analysis to support fundraising strategies, as assigned. This would include working with the DAPER Development team to assess results while assisting with the strategy of the annual fund in order to successfully reach immediate and long term goals.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of donor cultivation and stewardship, alumni, and special recognition events, and volunteer boards as needed.
- Retrieve information about prospects and donors, update records, and generate complex reports using the university external relations database.
- Track budget(s) and complete expense requests and reconciliation.
- Process gifts and pledges to the gift processing unit.
- A commitment to promoting and supporting an environment of diversity and inclusion.
- Other duties may also be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Familiarity with fundraising in a higher education environment is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies and effectively develops relationships that enhance overall development goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Strong data analysis skills including organizing and analyzing data, and communicating/presenting results and recommendations in a succinct fashion to key stakeholders.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage projects simultaneously.
- Good organizational and time management skills, including the ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4290
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 89099