Assistant Coach, Women's Volleyball
Assistant Coach, Women's Volleyball🔍Athletics, Stanford, California, United States📁Athletics📅Apr 06, 2021 Post Date📅89068 Requisition #Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:Stanford’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 12 NCAA championship titles, won the Women’s Capital One Cup four of the last five years, and have brought home the Learfield Director’s Cup for 25 straight years. We also support the university’s physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the DAPER culture, “The DAPER Way,” which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you! POSITION SUMMARYDAPER is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Women’s Volleyball Coach. This position will report to the Director of Women’s Volleyball. The assistant coach is responsible for assigned aspects of a highly elite and competitive Division I Women’s Volleyball Program. The assistant coach is responsible for operating within the rules of the Pac-12 Conference and NCAA, as well as all institutional policies. SUMMARY of ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Assist with all aspects of game plan preparation, practice organization, and off-season training programs.
- In Charge of identifying and recruiting top student-athletes to compete at Stanford within the context of applicable NCAA regulations and University admission expectations.
- Assist with leadership and instruction in personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including overall team management in areas such as academic, disciplinary, and personal matters when appropriate.
- Participate in overall DAPER education and activities, such as regular coaches meetings and compliance education sessions. Required to take and pass the NCAA Coaches’ Recruiting Exam annually.
- Participate in alumni relations, fundraising activities, and other program communication and relationship-management as appropriate.
- Assist with summer camps and clinics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Women’s Volleyball.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 1417
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G99
- Requisition ID: 89068