Life Science Technician II (Fixed Term Ending 8/31/2022)
Life Science Technician II (Fixed Term Ending 8/31/2022)🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States📁Research📅Apr 06, 2021 Post Date📅89065 Requisition #This position is represented by SEIU Local 2007 and the collective bargaining agreement between the university and SEIU Local 2007 governs the terms and conditions of employment.Baxter Laboratory is seeking a Life Science Technician II (LST II). This position will support the development of a highly scalable multiplexed serological assay for COVID-19. We will expand this assay to detect antibodies against different pathogens simultaneously. An additional goal is to expand multiplex testing to viral genomes and antigens.
- Will perform experiments related to mass cytometry, immunofluorescence and sequencing.
- Will be involved with collecting, storing, and processing SARS-CoV-2 samples.
- This position requires the ability to troubleshoot experimental assays in conjunction with other Nolan lab members.
- The LST II will maintain and manage assay stocks/reagents (e.g., preparation of buffers, blocking reagents, inventory of oligos, isotopes and antibodies).
- Perform typical flow cytometry and microscopy techniques.
- Perform cell culture and bacterial growth for protein synthesis.
- Additionally, cell culture, cell count, RNA expression, protein quantification will periodically be required. Perform molecular biology protocols to verify conjugations (PCR, Bradford Stains, SDS-page gels).
- Automation using robotics will consist a portion of the assay development.
- Aid in data analysis processing using established software, ImageJ, and some basic R code.
- The position includes maintaining detail records of performed experiments and their outcome. This is achieved in the form of a lab notebook where experiments and their results are recorded daily.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat, grasp lightly, use fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, write by hand.
- Ability to stand and move on hard surfaces for up to eight hours.
- Occasionally lift and handle materials up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely carry/pull and/or push up to 20 pounds.
- Must have correctible vision to perform duties of the job.
- Position may require repetitive motion.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu and the appropriate collective bargaining agreement at https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/hr-processes-policiespolicies/labor-relations-collective-bargaining.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 5644
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: A24
- Requisition ID: 89065