Director of High-potential Innovations Translational Program
Director of High-potential Innovations Translational Program🔍Dean of Research, Redwood City, California, United StatesNew📁Compliance Legal📅6 days ago Post Date📅89072 Requisition #Job Title: Director of High-potential Innovations Translational Program
Job Code: 4504
- We create a hub of innovation through the power of diversity of disciplines and people.
- We provide equitable access and opportunity to all members of the community in order to do their best work, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- We listen to and value all colleagues who bring diverse perspectives to the advancement and development of a respectful community.
- We promote a culture of belonging, equity, and safety.
- We embed these values in excellence of education, research, and operation.
- Develop a comprehensive multi-year strategy for the HIT Program in collaboration with the OTL Executive Team and the Office of the Vice Provost, Dean of Research.
- Provide leadership in the planning, launch, and all aspects of operations and management of the Program, including oversight of project team activities, directing administrative staff and managing an external advisory board.
- Maintain effective outreach, communication and collaboration with key University and external stakeholders, including University administration, faculty, existing translational and entrepreneurship programs at Stanford, and the investment community.
- Organize and manage an external advisory board to review and select promising projects.
- Interface with OTL licensing and contracting staff to conduct IP assessment and develop IP strategy for technologies selected into the Program.
- Manage the portfolio of translational projects and track progress and outcomes.
- Advise the Executive Director on programmatic and policy development for the OTL’s translational research and entrepreneurship activities; may provide input to University leadership on relevant policies and guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering discipline.
- 15 years of relevant experience in positions involved in technology transfer, early-stage technology development, business development or venture capital.
- Working knowledge of patent law and licensing agreements.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in producing professional and engaging written and oral communications.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with demonstrated success in building relationships with a diversity of stakeholders at multiple organizational levels.
- Superior organizational and influential leadership capabilities.
- MBA or advanced degree in a science or engineering discipline.
- Industry business development, startup, or venture capital experience.
- Experience supporting entrepreneurial activities in an academic setting.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, seated work and use light/ fine grasping.
- Occasionally stand, walk, use a telephone, lift, carry, push, pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely writes by hand.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4504
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: M
- Requisition ID: 89072