Campus Engagement Program Manager
Campus Engagement Program Manager 🔍Other, Stanford, California, United States📁Administration📅Apr 07, 2021 Post Date📅89107 Requisition #JOB PURPOSE:The Office of Campus Engagement in the Office of the President at Stanford University is dedicated to strengthening connections among the members of the campus community (primarily students, faculty, staff, and postdocs) and increasing ties to the university’s mission. The effort came out of the Long-Range Planning process and animated by the principle that the work of the university—discovery, understanding, interpretation, learning—depends on a lively, engaged, interconnected, inclusive community. The work of the Office of Campus Engagement currently falls into three main areas:
- Strategic planning and pilot projects to reimagine the White Plaza region as a hub for social engagement, intellectual vitality, and community-building.
- Events and programmatic initiatives to connect the campus community and increase ties to mission.
- Policy development and implementation related to campus community matters.
- Lead the planning and operations for programs or functions that meet the campus engagement goals.Evaluate programs or functions, policies and procedures. Identify issues, and develop alternative solutions which may include changes to programs, policies and procedures.Review and analyze trends to advise and develop recommendations to achieve or modify the goals of the program.Represent the program or function within the department, unit or school. Represent the program or function at the university level and/or to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.Manage and contribute to the development of outreach strategy that may include relationship development, communications and compliance.May develop and/or oversee budgets; manage finances including monitoring, analyzing, forecasting, and reporting.Assess training needs and may develop associated training.May direct and/or supervise staff.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment and, decision-making skills.Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse communities in a complex institutional structure.Demonstrated ability to develop and meet budget goals.Demonstrated solid planning and organizational skills.Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.Excellent people skills, including in interpersonal interactions and written and oral communication.Strong relevant subject matter knowledge.Ability to direct the work of others, for jobs requiring supervision.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.Occasionally use a telephone.Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4122
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 89107