Campus Engagement Administrative Associate
Campus Engagement Administrative Associate🔍Other, Stanford, California, United States📁Administration📅Apr 07, 2021 Post Date📅89106 Requisition #JOB PURPOSE:Stanford University’s Office of Campus Engagement is looking for a full time Administrative Associate (Administrative Associate 2) to provide administrative support working under the general supervision of the Associate Vice President for Campus Engagement. The main job duties will be to support calendaring and logistics for AVP and project lead. This will include:
- Meeting calendaring / manage calendars for AVP and program manager
- Note-taking and preparing action items from meetings
- Manage inbox of queries and routine correspondence
- Organizing logistics for events, including virtual set-up, room reservations (for in-person events) and coordinating with vendors and appropriate campus offices for technical support
- Preferred: basic web support skills for routine content management updates
- Strategic planning and pilot projects to reimagine the White Plaza region as a hub for social engagement, intellectual vitality, and community-building.
- Events and programmatic initiatives to connect the campus community and increase ties to mission.
- Policy development and implementation related to campus community matters.
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Coordinate office moves.May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.Maintain approved content on websites.May perform human resources transactional support, e.g. time cards, I9s, and/or faculty affairs support.May guide and train student and/or contingent workers including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, and reviewing work for quality and timeliness.
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.Strong verbal and written communication skills.Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.Frequently sitting.Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide excellent retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, swim in our Olympic-sized pool, or choose from hundreds of health and fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide highly competitive health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commute programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 89106