Administrative Associate 2
Administrative Associate 2🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United StatesNew📁Administration📅1 day ago Post Date📅89100 Requisition #The Global Gender Equality Center aims to redefine the approach to global health and development by creating a multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural network of researchers, policy makers and practitioners to build on the evidence on what works to address gender inequalities, fill key gender data gaps and equip the next generations of global health and development leaders to tackle gender equality challenges. Our vision is to create opportunities for advancement of gender equality through gender transformative research, policy, leadership and program formulation activities that enable all people to achieve their full human potential.To achieve these objectives, the Center will build programs across three core pillars of focus:
- Improve the availability and quality of gender data; Conduct research and generate new evidence on what works, where, and why to transform gender relations, and disseminate these learnings so that findings inform new strategies, policies, and programs; and,Mainstream gender into organizations and development programming so that a gender lens is integrated across all development work.
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience in an office setting, preferably in an administrative role for a complex and fast-paced organization, interacting intensively with internal and external contacts.Keen ability to anticipate next steps, demonstrate initiative, exercise discretion, apply sound judgment, and work well independently and collaboratively as a member of the team.Ability to be independent and work with efficiency, with diplomacy and a high-level of professionalism and cultural awareness. Significant experience working with teams of high-performing professionals.
- Experience setting priorities and meeting deadlines while balancing the needs of providing support for multiple individuals.
- Experience with calendaring, travel arrangements, and event/meeting planning coordination. Excellent oral and written communication skills in an environment requiring diplomacy and good judgment in managing interactions with individuals at all levels inside and outside an organization.
- Ability to problem solve through situations that have undefined boundaries, lack of clarity or missing information.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office is required, in particular MS Outlook.
- Experience in learning new software applications.
- Demonstrated positive, collaborative approach to work.
- Maturity, discretion and a sense of humor.
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting. Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
- General office environment.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Department URL: http://pediatrics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 89100