Clinical Research Nurse
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), Department of Medicine - Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition is currently recruiting for a Clinical Research Nurse. The Clinical Research Nurse independently manages operation of one or more research studies or clinical trial protocols, the scope and complexity of which requires licensure of a Registered Nurse at the Amish Research Clinic. This involves responsibility for executing study protocols in the field and in the clinical setting including recruitment, screening, informed consent process, completion of study procedures, participant monitoring and education, data collection, and record-keeping.
- Collaborate with the Principal Investigator and the Clinic Nurse Coordinator in the implementation of assigned study protocols.
- Manage interaction with Amish community to identify and recruit participants for study protocols, including eligibility screening.
- Enroll eligible participants performing the Informed Consent Process/HIPAA and gathering health/family history and other pertinent information per protocol.
- Review inclusion and exclusion criteria and submit to PI/study physician for study approval.
- Provide care to study participants in compliance with the study protocol and within standards of Good Clinical Practice.
- Create and maintain recruitment and enrollment database.
- Complete or oversee completion of study specific procedures according to study protocol.
- Safely administer study medications and accurately document the administration in the study record.
- Capture pertinent data onto Case Report Forms/study record.
- Monitor participant to ensure safety and identify problems. Notify PI/study physician as needed. Report and document adverse events in a timely manner.
- Perform phlebotomy and handle blood specimens per protocol. Maintain blood and body fluid precautions utilizing PPE.
- Communicate with study physicians regarding abnormal lab/test results. Provide participant education regarding test results.
- Collaborate with other members of the research team to implement the protocol.
- Continuously educate and train team members in study procedures. Monitor study activities to ensure compliance with protocol. Supervise and train Amish liaisons.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or another discipline appropriate to position
Experience: Three (3) years as registered nurse with one (1) year in clinical or research specialization
Certification/Licensure: Current Maryland license in good standing issued by the Maryland Board of Nursing to practice as a registered nurse or a multistate licensure privilege to practice as a registered nurse in Maryland or appropriate federal district licensure where research is conducted.
Other: Certification from Association of Clinical Research Professionals or Society of Clinical Research Associates preferredMay require training related to occupational safety and health, environmental compliance, shipping of hazardous materials and/or ionizing radiation.Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience.UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]. If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected]. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Department of Medicine
Job Posting: Apr 7, 2021
Unposting Date: Apr 28, 2021, 10:59:00 PM